Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Complaints

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't disagree with any of that.

I guess it's a fair complaint, however, that there is a middle ground to be found between the performative "thanks for giving us a load of money for a car, here's some flowers for the wife" and Tesla giving you a key card in a rainy car park and essentially saying "there's your car, off you go".

I had my car delivered to me under cover during lockdown, and I am tech savvy enough to know what I'm doing, and I find the whole "pulling a silk sheet off the car" thing cringeworthy, but I would like to think there is some level of personal touch (COVID notwithstanding) when people collect cars now, but it doesn't really sound like there is.

My last tesla was during covid so was very hands off. This time in Southampton it was quiet, but the guy I collected from was polite, asked me if I needed any assistance with the car and to let him know if I had any questions - I knew the process so just went out to check over the car so he was happy to leave me, but also happy to walk me through stuff depending on my needs. I liked that contextual element.

While I was checking over my car, the sales/handover assistant was over the other side of the tent helping another customer with getting familiar with the car.

That balance works for me

I want to know when my car is coming and my complaint is - my landline number has been blocked so that I can't use it to speak to CS
Just chill out man! You were on the other thread stressing about car allocation algorithms, shipping movements and if the car had fallen off the boat?!!

It sounds like you're coming across like a spoilt little kid demanding to know when his new toy is coming!

They said March didn't they? So it'll come in March.

As others have said, save yourself the stress and heartbeats, no-one's blocked your number.

You'll probably get a text message next week saying "Good News! and prepare for delivery! Your car is available on the XXth of March!" and you'll feel pretty stupid and you'll have wasted everyone's time by drawing everyone into your little stressy situation of why you're not getting special love from Tesla...

Get real - you know they're a bit busy now, but you'll get your car.

Last edited:
Having bought quite a few cars from main stealerships over the years, I can 100% say that the whole online ordering process and delivery with Tesla was a breath of fresh air. Maybe a little better for me as I bought a new inventory car from a cancelled order so I got my hands on the VIN instantly and didn’t have to wait long at all, but not having to deal with any douchey salesmen trying to shift Lifeshine or overpriced GAP insurance was just so much better. Collection similar really, had an issue with marks on the seats, let’s the staff know and it was all sorted good as new within an hour and then was on my way.

On a more serious note regarding complaints (that are actually more warranted), I kicked off about the lack of data on the USB ports in my Model 3 on the USB hub retrofit. Shouldn’t have bothered, they genuinely do not care and have stopped emailing me back. All I did was cause myself stress over something I don’t actually care that much about. Though it did make me wonder what would happen if I did ever need to make a genuine complaint about something. I guess I’d just turn up at a dealership and speak to someone about it.

As others have said, it’s not March yet so you’re absolutely being unreasonable.

Reactions: Rooster6655
Though it did make me wonder what would happen if I did ever need to make a genuine complaint about something.

That's a good question, has anyone successfully made a formal complaint to Tesla and received the outcome they wanted?

Anyone anytime should be able to ask them for a copy of their full complaints process, I'd always recommend doing this for any organisation at the start of any complaint. As well as helping manage expectations, it sends a clear message you are serious.

Ah but... They didn't say how you could use the bucket of water, or was it just too tempting.
TMC member: But the guys designed the cars are from California, they don’t know the real world where we have seagulls.

Moderator: This thread has come to a natural conclusion so we are closing this thread.

Moderator comment: what a load of non sense with these teslas. BMWs has some good options like still water or sparkling!

I for one love the Tesla buying experience. I loathe the traditional dealership model and the sleazy shiny suited sales monkeys.
Do people still use dealerships? Good grief, so last millennium. If you’re buying an ICE car use an online broker. I used autoebid for my last two A6s. Configure and order the car online with no haggling, no greasy sales people trying to flog me stuff I don’t want and I got a 20% discount on both cars.

And of course they do EVs as well. My two daughters both bought Zoes from autoebid. Same painless process, and they got a 22% discount.

The current shortage of new cars mean deals aren’t as generous today, but right now you can still secure 12.5% off a Zoe.

If you are only £100 down, cancel the order and go buy yourself a nice second hand diesel, cause it'll only get worse when you get the car :cool:
You’ll get the £100 back if you push them and cite the distance selling regulations I think it is. Many have had the deposit refunded.

If you’re not happy with how Tesla work now, you certainly won’t be when you’ve the car as plisken says.

I eventually got through to someone in America who told me that he can't tell me anything more than he can see and the only thing he can see is that a car has not yet been assigned to me and there's nothing on the system to indicate when it will be assigned and the only way I can progress this (complain) is via the [email protected]. If I had know in October what I know now about this company I would NOT have ordered a Tesla.
Definitely sounds like this isn't the car for you, save your self from future aggravation now and cancel. Might be worth getting your blood pressure checked.

The car may be (?) a great build with the latest and greatest technology, I wait to see. The Customer Service is appalling. I am spending over £50k and I am getting better Customer Service on the purchase of my £20 toaster. I have bought every car new for the past 40 years and I have never experienced CS that comes near to this bad. 40 minutes (if you’re lucky) wait for the telephone to be answered and then to be told, “I don’t you’re your place in the queue and I don’t know when you will get to the front of the queue but my best guess is mid to late March but could be April” – that’s BAD. All that and try and get past those guys at the end of the 40 minute wait call, try and make a complaint – do ahead try it . . . . Tesla make it so difficult it’s next to impossible.

The car may be (?) a great build with the latest and greatest technology, I wait to see. The Customer Service is appalling. I am spending over £50k and I am getting better Customer Service on the purchase of my £20 toaster. I have bought every car new for the past 40 years and I have never experienced CS that comes near to this bad. 40 minutes (if you’re lucky) wait for the telephone to be answered and then to be told, “I don’t you’re your place in the queue and I don’t know when you will get to the front of the queue but my best guess is mid to late March but could be April” – that’s BAD. All that and try and get past those guys at the end of the 40 minute wait call, try and make a complaint – do ahead try it . . . . Tesla make it so difficult it’s next to impossible.
But I'm struggling to see what you're actually trying to complain about? What date was quoted online when you ordered the car?

Reactions: EVMeister and init6
I wish people wouldn’t keep phoning Tesla to find out where their car is.

When we broke down in September and had to make numerous phone calls back to remote support we had to wait ages holding as the line was shared with other departments including customer service.

So if/when anyone suffers a breakdown and ends up holding for half hour plus if they don’t get cut off waiting, please bear a thought for the poor soles who have not yet received their car and are desperately phoning to find out when to expect delivery or their vin or number plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.