Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Complaints

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish people wouldn’t keep phoning Tesla to find out where their car is.

When we broke down in September and had to make numerous phone calls back to remote support we had to wait ages holding as the line was shared with other departments including customer service.

So if/when anyone suffers a breakdown and ends up holding for half hour plus if they don’t get cut off waiting, please bear a thought for the poor soles who have not yet received their car and are desperately phoning to find out when to expect delivery or their vin or number plate.
If you have broking down and need to ring Tesla Roadside assistance, how are you meant to contact them if Tesla have blocked your telephone number?;)

• Funny
Reactions: Bovakinn
Definitely sounds like this isn't the car for you, save your self from future aggravation now and cancel. Might be worth getting your blood pressure checked.
+1 to this.

The OP is going to be pissed when Tesla don't do a grand unveiling of his car, with a silk sheet and flowers & chocolates in the boot.

Sorry to say but if you're getting this apoplectic about not having someone tell you - again - that your car is expected in March, when you've already been told it'll be coming in March, then when you actually get it you're probably going to still be disappointed in some other fashion.

I really do apologise. But I’m not sure what the complaint is. Tesla offer accurate lead times at the point of order. This is updated in your account. Far more transparent than other manufacturers.

If it’s because the lead time is not acceptable, then calling isn’t going to get it quicker. Were you not happy at the point of ordering?

If it’s because you’ve not been updated, it will happen. Just need some patience.

Hope this helps

Reactions: prabhu and rickyjb
The car may be (?) a great build with the latest and greatest technology, I wait to see. The Customer Service is appalling. I am spending over £50k and I am getting better Customer Service on the purchase of my £20 toaster. I have bought every car new for the past 40 years and I have never experienced CS that comes near to this bad. 40 minutes (if you’re lucky) wait for the telephone to be answered and then to be told, “I don’t you’re your place in the queue and I don’t know when you will get to the front of the queue but my best guess is mid to late March but could be April” – that’s BAD. All that and try and get past those guys at the end of the 40 minute wait call, try and make a complaint – do ahead try it . . . . Tesla make it so difficult it’s next to impossible.
I couldn't understand your problem. The queue is not "first come first served" since the cars are manufactured, imported and then allocated based on certain factors. Until the point of VIN assignment, even the CS would not know any fixed dates. This process is well established and is one of the reason why Tesla is on the cheaper side compared to the German cars.

The car may be (?) a great build with the latest and greatest technology, I wait to see. The Customer Service is appalling. I am spending over £50k and I am getting better Customer Service on the purchase of my £20 toaster. I have bought every car new for the past 40 years and I have never experienced CS that comes near to this bad. 40 minutes (if you’re lucky) wait for the telephone to be answered and then to be told, “I don’t you’re your place in the queue and I don’t know when you will get to the front of the queue but my best guess is mid to late March but could be April” – that’s BAD. All that and try and get past those guys at the end of the 40 minute wait call, try and make a complaint – do ahead try it . . . . Tesla make it so difficult it’s next to impossible.
You're in this forum, and started this thread just to have a moan, and draw people into your self generated and unreasonable panic!

- So what if you waited 40 minutes on the phone just to find out when your little toy is due?
- There are people waiting far longer than that to get a doctor's appointment - so get some perspective!

What are you actually moaning about? You put down an order and it is only £100... the car is due in March, it is not yet March.

Get over it, you are no more important or no more entitled than than the next guy in the queue, be patient (if you can). As others have said if you don't want it then go buy a diesel - auto trader have loads.

Last edited:
Maybe the problem is with you rather than Tesla. You are trying to make a complaint where no real complaint exists.

Try buying a Merc. You'll get a delivery date at least 6 months ion advance and then nothing. Radio silence for the next 5.5 months.

Take a chill pill as all you are doing is winding your blood pressure up. Your number is not blocked, it's just you winding yourself up into believing that you are somehow special and are being treated differently from everyone else.

If it’s because the lead time is not acceptable, then calling isn’t going to get it quicker.

... but he's paying £50,000 ... so surely Tesla could get in touch with the shipping company to see if the captain could double check that the car is onboard, securely stowed, and maybe increase the ship's speed for the last part of the journey. And a bit of obsequious apologising on the phone wouldn't go amiss.

(I always thought that the more you paid for a car the longer it's likely to take to actually get it.)

On a serious note, there is a documented dispute resolution process documented in the warranty manual/book, and a binding arbitration service although the document is so well written it's difficult to tell if the latter is a US thing only or not. Either way I don't think any of this covers answering the phone

My views:

Should somebody who's ordered a 50k car have access to staff to check up on their order? I personally don't think thats unreasonable.

Should you be able to ring up every day and ask? No

Should Tesla employ a few more people to actually look after their customers? Absolutely. As an example it's embarassing that Tesla are happy to use unpaid owners club staff to be on site to help with the handovers while Tesla themselves use Covid as a means to justify contactless handovers. That doesn't sit well with me. Ask a question on the owners group (or on here at times) and you'll get 5 different answers from 4 different people, so the likelihood of any handover being reliable, especially on the more nuanced questions, is pretty low. The same owners group people mock other makes of car for giving poor advice as part of their handover which is ironoic when Tesla themselves seem to do next to none.

With the moderator hat on:

Can we keep comments constructive please. If you don't like the question being asked, you have the ability to ignore it and move on to the next topic.

Could be worse...

1645189975998.png

Status
Not open for further replies.