Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Complete and utter disappointment... (sarcasm)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So folks, I went to my Model X delivery and was completely disappointed. I've been on TMC for almost a month, read hundreds of post with great interest, and I think I was fully prepared for the MX delivery (with my checklist in hand). Even had @JonMc chime in on one of my posts. I hope he reads this one...

The car was unveiled, and it WAS NOT what I expected. I expected what I've been reading in these posts - a partially finished car, missing features, etc. Boy was I disappointed: The car was detailed beautifully, there were a couple bonus features, and the Bethesda team was fantastic. It was the best car buying experience I have ever had.

I write this post partially in jest. I'm a relatively new member, and I've noticed quite of bit of negativity in this forum and - to be honest - I've participated in it as well. For those in waiting, believe only some of what you hear. Anyone in customer service will tell you that the loudest voice are those who are unhappy. Some of the negativity is deserved because there are unhappy people. I honestly appreciate everybody's perspective even if they have a hate-hate relationship with Tesla. Sure there have been problems with the X in general and it appears a little "hand-built"... but that's the beauty of capitalism; if you don't like it, take the hit and move on. Give this post a dislike while you're at it.

The bottom line is that this car is truly remarkable. I know I have a honeymoon feeling, but holy crap, Tesla makes a revolutionary vehicle for all of the reasons well known.

I really like seeing positive posts. I do think TMC tends to lean negative and there are many many more satisfied customers. Yea, I think a lot of the negative is well deserved, I just think those that are happy are not as vocal.

Glad you posted. I feel the same about our West Palm Beach SC.

So folks, I went to my Model X delivery and was completely disappointed. I've been on TMC for almost a month, read hundreds of post with great interest, and I think I was fully prepared for the MX delivery (with my checklist in hand). Even had @JonMc chime in on one of my posts. I hope he reads this one...

The car was unveiled, and it WAS NOT what I expected. I expected what I've been reading in these posts - a partially finished car, missing features, etc. Boy was I disappointed: The car was detailed beautifully, there were a couple bonus features, and the Bethesda team was fantastic. It was the best car buying experience I have ever had.

I write this post partially in jest. I'm a relatively new member, and I've noticed quite of bit of negativity in this forum and - to be honest - I've participated in it as well. For those in waiting, believe only some of what you hear. Anyone in customer service will tell you that the loudest voice are those who are unhappy. Some of the negativity is deserved because there are unhappy people. I honestly appreciate everybody's perspective even if they have a hate-hate relationship with Tesla. Sure there have been problems with the X in general and it appears a little "hand-built"... but that's the beauty of capitalism; if you don't like it, take the hit and move on. Give this post a dislike while you're at it.

The bottom line is that this car is truly remarkable. I know I have a honeymoon feeling, but holy crap, Tesla makes a revolutionary vehicle for all of the reasons well known.
Welcome to the Tesla and X family. Hope you will enjoy many road trips with your X and share them on TMC.

Reactions: voltaren
I'm sure the norm is a quality experience like you had but people tend to only post when there is an issue... It's human nature to complain but not to compliment... Hell if you read some of the threads here you'd think every X built is falling apart with broken windows, leaking seals, rattling, too much road noise, etc... I'm not saying that people don't have bad experiences but you certainly hear about those far more than you do the positive ones...

The moment Tesla brings back ventilated seats, we're ready to order our X to go with our S....

Jeff

I took delivery of my new Model X yesterday, and can report something similar. The new X was flawless: for the first time in my Tesla-owning life (this is my sixth Tesla: a Roadster, three Model S and two Model X), I took possession without having to create a due bill or have a technician fix something.
Great to hear this @stevezzzz. We are picking up our first Tesla, a black MX in just a couple of weeks here in Colorado as well. Happy to hear the SC experience is good here.

I'm sure the norm is a quality experience like you had but people tend to only post when there is an issue... It's human nature to complain but not to compliment... Hell if you read some of the threads here you'd think every X built is falling apart with broken windows, leaking seals, rattling, too much road noise, etc... I'm not saying that people don't have bad experiences but you certainly hear about those far more than you do the positive ones...

The moment Tesla brings back ventilated seats, we're ready to order our X to go with our S....

Jeff
Glad we are receiving one of the last MX's with ventilated seats @jeffro01

Reactions: Cowby
I feel like an old timer now with my Apr 2016 order, but my excitement about this car has only grown. Our issues have been minor and quickly fixed...with great customer service.
The night before our pick up, I was doubled over in pain until about 5 AM. My wife wanted to take me to the ER, but I had waited too long for the X. Our DS must have thought I was upset with the car because I was quiet, pale, and not smiling. What he doesn't know is that a few days later I ended up in emergency surgery.
My wife still ribs me that I was willing to die for this car. Yep, that's about right.
By the way, the X is an awesome car for a 10 PM run to the ER.

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: xkwizit and ohmman
I took delivery of my new Model X yesterday, and can report something similar. The new X was flawless: for the first time in my Tesla-owning life (this is my sixth Tesla: a Roadster, three Model S and two Model X), I took possession without having to create a due bill or have a technician fix something.

I agree Tesla's are MUCH better built than years ago. I took delivery of my Model X in August 2016 and so far I haven't had to go even once to the service center. On my Model S it was in the shop several times. Great to see build quality go way up compared to back in 2013.