Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Complete Lock out P3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is Tesla. You're supposed to be super enthusiastic, make excuses about a new company, rave about how well it drives on the day's it works and be terribly understanding about their need to keep costs down and allow their staff work-life balance. I doubt it'll be more than 6 weeks for an appointment and then a mere few weeks for parts.....and some Uber credits.

Yes my experience so far ridiculous still waiting on delivery issues to be fixed they are useless really useless, if I got locked out like this I would consider returning the car!

Reactions: gangzoom
Yes my experience so far ridiculous still waiting on delivery issues to be fixed they are useless really useless, if I got locked out like this I would consider returning the car!

Yeah. I'm sitting here with a flat tyre on my S. It'll get fixed locally on Monday 'cos re-inflating it will get me 3-4 miles. Any open tyre place today would be outside the likely range unless i took pumps with me and kept stopping to top up with the inevitable risk that tyre place won't do a Tesla whereas locally they've done it before. It's 2 hrs to nearest SC so unlikely to be able to get a loaner tyre.
It's not a problem 'cos I still have my 25yr old 200sx - sensible technology like a spare wheel, fast recharge of it's range system and no internal distractions like functional screens or radios and technology that any road-side assist like RAC can deal with whatever the issue.
The joys of rural life.

I had an 'exciting' few hour on the phone to Tesla support last month when the drivers door latch on our X got stuck and I couldn't actually close the door. This was at 3pm in the work car park with me needing to get to nursery by 5pm and rush hour traffic building up before my eyes......

I love our X, its the best car I have ever owned, but also by far the most unreliable, the minute the Lexus UX EV hits UK show rooms I will be booking a test drive. It's a first gen EV product from Lexus, but hopefully they will bring out a bespoke EV platform in a few years, every day am thankful we cancelled our Model 3 order for my wife, I think a Lexus EV will be our next car purchase.

Our Lexus IS300H ownerships experience is the almost exact opposite of the Tesla, nearly 5 years old, not a single fault/error message, not a single time have I needed to call for help/assistance, I opened the bonnet recently just to check I knew how to open it still, and was greeted to what looked like something that's just driven out of the show room but not been dusted for a while, not a car that been driven on UK roads for nearly 5 years and never garaged and only cleaned once a year. You can even see the finger marks when people have opened the oil cap at service time, but everything else literally has been untouched since taking delivery. Elon Musk may go on about EVs having not many moving parts, but Tesla can learn ALOT from a company like Lexus on how to build cars properly!!

44780161995_b87b151bf3_h.jpg

Oh, and our X is now making weird suspension knock noises on full lock, the upper control arms were only replaced a month ago, I suspect another service centre visit is due soon, but at least it's been more than 4 weeks this time between error/faults. The car is like an impertinent child, any other car and I would have sold up a long long time ago, but sometimes in life you have to just suck it up.

Fantastic car but clearly built by people still learning what they were doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rooster6655
I had an 'exciting' few hour on the phone to Tesla support last month when the drivers door latch on our X got stuck and I couldn't actually close the door. This was at 3pm in the work car park with me needing to get to nursery by 5pm and rush hour traffic building up before my eyes......

I love our X, its the best car I have ever owned, but also by far the most unreliable, the minute the Lexus UX EV hits UK show rooms I will be booking a test drive. It's a first gen EV product from Lexus, but hopefully they will bring out a bespoke EV platform in a few years, every day am thankful we cancelled our Model 3 order for my wife, I think a Lexus EV will be our next car purchase.

Our Lexus IS300H ownerships experience is the almost exact opposite of the Tesla, nearly 5 years old, not a single fault/error message, not a single time have I needed to call for help/assistance, I opened the bonnet recently just to check I knew how to open it still, and was greeted to what looked like something that's just driven out of the show room but not been dusted for a while, not a car that been driven on UK roads for nearly 5 years and never garaged and only cleaned once a year. You can even see the finger marks when people have opened the oil cap at service time, but everything else literally has been untouched since taking delivery. Elon Musk may go on about EVs having not many moving parts, but Tesla can learn ALOT from a company like Lexus on how to build cars properly!!

Oh, and our X is now making weird suspension knock noises on full lock, the upper control arms were only replaced a month ago, I suspect another service centre visit is due soon, but at least it's been more than 4 weeks this time between error/faults. The car is like an impertinent child, any other car and I would have sold up a long long time ago, but sometimes in life you have to just suck it up.

Fantastic car but clearly built by people still learning what they were doing.

Yes Lexus one of the best cars I have owned, only wish they made an IS EV already!

I think what really gets me is all the so called Rangers are booked up doing stupid call outs for likes of a paint repair etc. Let's face it there are quite a few, but I would happily take car to SC for that sort of work to be done, as with any other Manufacturer / Dealer, it would certainly free up some of the Engineers for emergency call outs.
Car is stuck in Garage, can't get nothing else out.

Force Entry was to force open the driver door window. They really need a manual system to get into the car.

I think what really gets me is all the so called Rangers are booked up doing stupid call outs for likes of a paint repair etc. Let's face it there are quite a few, but I would happily take car to SC for that sort of work to be done, as with any other Manufacturer / Dealer, it would certainly free up some of the Engineers for emergency call outs.

Force Entry was to force open the driver door window. They really need a manual system to get into the car.
This is quite unacceptable. Do keep us posted how you get on.

This is quite unacceptable. Do keep us posted how you get on.

Unacceptable maybe but would any of us be surprised if the same thing happened to our car tomrrow morning??

I once had a loaner which refused to recognise the key when I tried to get into it after work. I had to call Tesla support for them to unlock it and remote start it over the air, resulted in me sitting in the nursery car park for 10 minutes whilst on the phone to Tesla Support, had a number of parents knock on the window to check if I was OK.

These car fab but built by monkeys with third rate parts.

I assume you did but isn’t Tesla roadside assistance the ones that can come to you anytime, that you can phone?

I would keep phoning them as having something broken vs not being able to use car at all is another thing!

I assume you did but isn’t Tesla roadside assistance the ones that can come to you anytime, that you can phone?

I would keep phoning them as having something broken vs not being able to use car at all is another thing!

No they do not work weekends, and as they could not come out on the day I called, (Friday Morning) I was told, their solution was to get the car picked up and taken to a SC.

We Will wait and see what happens Monday.

Ironic, I finally got the car back today, though was ready Tuesday afternoon. It was recovered and arrived in the SC Friday afternoon, think they started on it Monday late, and Tuesday.

Invoice said, Left Control Module unresponsive, it is tried on the left down behind glove compartment, not easy to get to and unplug connectors, as it was not fully seated, reconnected and tested, so it seems it was a connector, earth, problem, Tech said they had not come across this before, so very rare.

To be Fair Tesla were fine, thy tried to repair it in my garage, but did not find the fault but they always suspected a loose connection or earth fault, it was the recovery company that was the major issue, 3 trips before they had the right equipment and vehicle to recover.

Lets just hope no more issues.

I do think Tesla will in time get better, with plans for mobile technicians and better response for problems on the road, but it is a long process, and may get worse before better with the constant sales stream of cars they are shifting.

Ironic, I finally got the car back today, though was ready Tuesday afternoon. It was recovered and arrived in the SC Friday afternoon, think they started on it Monday late, and Tuesday.

Invoice said, Left Control Module unresponsive, it is tried on the left down behind glove compartment, not easy to get to and unplug connectors, as it was not fully seated, reconnected and tested, so it seems it was a connector, earth, problem, Tech said they had not come across this before, so very rare.

To be Fair Tesla were fine, thy tried to repair it in my garage, but did not find the fault but they always suspected a loose connection or earth fault, it was the recovery company that was the major issue, 3 trips before they had the right equipment and vehicle to recover.

Lets just hope no more issues.

I do think Tesla will in time get better, with plans for mobile technicians and better response for problems on the road, but it is a long process, and may get worse before better with the constant sales stream of cars they are shifting.

Great, many thanks for updating us