Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Complete Reset after Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2013 MS picked up the latest software update earlier this week. The update itself went fine - the app even notified me of the successful completion. Today when I went to use the car, I found that the app no longer connected and everything had reset. I had to rename the car, recreate driver profiles, reprogram Homelink, and reset all my lights, driving, etc. settings. The only thing it remembered was radio favorites (the least useful thing). Anyone else have this issue?

Jeff

Hi,

I had something similar with my 2013 Model S.

Got an update earlier this week and everything was fine. I even drove it the day after the update and things were normal. I got in this morning and the release notes screen was up like another update was applied. After dismissing it, I noticed many settings had reverted to the factory defaults.

Rather irritating.

—Andy

Echo with my 2013. After I updated (ver 2020.48.12.1 3095698c8a55) I lost my car's "name". However, my seating settings were preserved.

However, I have completely lost my ability to play music on USB. When I saw this I removed the USB, re-formatted to FAT32, re-loaded my music. No change, the car knows there is a USB there, but does not display any files.

I had a similar experience. Got the update-complete notification as usual. Didn't drive for a couple of days, and noticed that the app says the car does not allow remote connections. Went into the car only to notice a bunch of settings have been reset: no driver profile, no Homelink profile, energy/distance units reset, temperature units reset, vehicle settings reset. It did seem to remember my seat, mirrors, and steering positions though, so all I had to do there was to create the driver profile again. Had to comb through every setting again to configure them per my pref. Had to train Homelink again, but while I was doing so, I noticed that it already did remember my garage door signal. It just didn't show the profile. I was able to quickly train it again, without even using the door remote. The car name seems to have been preserved.

I immediately got a notification that there is new software available. But then I noticed that it is having trouble with the WiFi/Bluetooth radios. I noticed that it kept disconnecting both every few seconds. So the download is still not complete.

2013 Model S.