Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Complete Tesla newb. Looking for info between 2018 MS vs 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

I've been a fan of Teslas and $tsla shareholder since IPO but never actually owned one. I have two kids now (8 & 9) and with these ridic gas prices, I'm finally thinking of picking one up.

A new MY performace fits my budget but I'm just not really a fan of the Y. Would someone please explain to me the key differences between 2018 S vs 2019s? I've read about the raven. Is it really worth the price difference?

Any help is much appreciated

MCU2 (newer central processor and screen) was rolled out in March 2018 (which would also have AP2.5 with better cameras and Sentry mode); you would definitely want to pick a 2018 that avoids MCU1 issues and upgrade costs ($1500-2000 plus potential software headaches). The Raven launched around April 2019 and the primary differences are: 1) permanent magnet motor in front for greater efficiency, and 2) adaptive air suspension (smoother ride than previous version that just sets ride height based on speed). I had a 2018 and it was great car, but have not driven a Raven to directly compare the ride. Here's is good article on the motor improvement and there are numerous TMC threads on the Raven suspension if you search.