Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Completed LED Headlight Retrofit & My P85 Build Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully you and all your families have been staying safe in these unprecedented times. With all this free time being home, I have a few updates and have a new set of wheels on the way.

-Maxton Designs Splitter V1 Kit installed by FILAM Autobody & Body Repair in Houston, TX
-Refresh rear bumper & rocker panels installed
-Cup holder w/ dual USB retrofit into yacht floor center console
-Replaced the air filter (anyone know where to buy a HEPA filter that is the same size?)
-Fan type windshield nozzle upgrade
-Reorderd the same steering wheel in matte CF from Martin @ www.therustymechanic.com
-N2itive camber and toe arms ordered
-New wheels! 22x9.5/22x11 ordered

First, the best $8.80 I have ever spent. Everyone who has a pre-refresh MS knows how crappy the spray type nozzles are. Mine sprayed everywhere I didn’t need them. Very simple and cheap upgrade.
View media item 121108The left nozzle is the old version and the right one is newer fan type.
View media item 121111View media item 121109 The new fan type nozzle doesn’t need the gasket like the old one.
View media item 121112 Pop the hood. Twist off the plastic line coming off the old nozzle where it meets the T adapter. Reach in the cut out in the hood and disengage the old nozzle (I forgot if it disengages pushing it toward or away from the windshield, but you’ll figure out). Replace with the new nozzle and voila. Should have done this so much sooner. Nice even spay.
I'm assuming you don't have the Subzero package, do you? I've got that on my cars and the washer nozzles suck. I've seen a post where someone installed a Ford part (I think) that may or may not be the same part and modified their old nozzle to remove the heating element and then installed it on the new one. Just curious if you dealt with this or have any insight.

I'm assuming you don't have the Subzero package, do you? I've got that on my cars and the washer nozzles suck. I've seen a post where someone installed a Ford part (I think) that may or may not be the same part and modified their old nozzle to remove the heating element and then installed it on the new one. Just curious if you dealt with this or have any insight.

That right, I don't have the Subzero package so I don't have any insight into the heating element issue. The part number for the fan type nozzle upgrade I purchased was 1052887-00-C but not sure it fits your application.

Hello, I just joined the Model S crew and I was hunting the internet for one of the things you mentioned :-

Model S HEPA Cabin Air Filter Replacement

option B

Cleenaire CAF10 The Most Advanced Protection Against SMOG Bacteria Dust Viruses Allergens Gases Odors, Cabin Air Filter For 12-15 Tesla Model S [10ZiYx0307305] - $21.99

I notice you have updated your bumper, was it much work to get the Tesla badge to fit properly as I read that gave a few issues ?

Are the leds brighter ? People said before that the Xenons were brighter ? you are the perfect tester here :)

@duybile Are you able to provide more info or a guide as to how you updated the headlights? This has got me stumped!
Does everything work on them? Turn signals, brights, etc.

Thanks in advance! Beautiful car!

Turn Signals, high beams, DRL all work. The hard part is sourcing the HID to LED emulator. Hooking it up is fairly straightforward. It’s basically hooking up a harness and a power and a ground.

Hello, I just joined the Model S crew and I was hunting the internet for one of the things you mentioned :-

Model S HEPA Cabin Air Filter Replacement

option B

Cleenaire CAF10 The Most Advanced Protection Against SMOG Bacteria Dust Viruses Allergens Gases Odors, Cabin Air Filter For 12-15 Tesla Model S [10ZiYx0307305] - $21.99

I notice you have updated your bumper, was it much work to get the Tesla badge to fit properly as I read that gave a few issues ?

Are the leds brighter ? People said before that the Xenons were brighter ? you are the perfect tester here :)

Nice find, I was also long at the EV tuning HEPA filter solution once I’m due for a replacement. As for the front bumper retrofit, the badge was easy to fit. It just required to cut it / shorten it and screw it in.

The LEDs are plenty bright and update the look of the car.

Thanks! I stumbled across that emulator online once upon a time. good to see its the real deal. I salute you on your build! I have the same 2013 P85 black on black. I want to do the lights and facia and copy the *sugar* out you:cool:. well done

Turn Signals, high beams, DRL all work. The hard part is sourcing the HID to LED emulator. Hooking it up is fairly straightforward. It’s basically hooking up a harness and a power and a ground.
I was actually able to secure a few sets of emulators. I see the two wires, a ground is obvious but where Exactly did you connect the power (red) one to? Btw, if anyone is interested I have 2 more sets of emulators.