Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Completed My Alcantara Headliner on a 23 MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally finished my Alcantara headliner reupholstering! Last pieces, the airbag cover and rear cargo cover. I think it came out awesome! What's your thoughts!?!

Original post here... Had My 23 MYP Headliner Reupholstered with Alcántara

IMG_2496.jpeg

IMG_2495.jpeg

IMG_2494.jpeg

Airbags will work as intended. Thats why the panels pop off so easily and have plastic hooks that make it so they don’t fly off after an airbag deploys. That being said, this mod was completed by a professional auto upholstery shop. They do this for a living and know what they are doing safety wise. Wouldn’t suggest DIYing this.

I've done a few headliner wraps back in the day on vehicles I owned. Its actually pretty easy as long as the interior comes apart easily and Tesla does. The hard part is wrapping mirrors. The few times I tried they were just okay. The contrasting brackets actually look fine.

I've done a few headliner wraps back in the day on vehicles I owned. Its actually pretty easy as long as the interior comes apart easily and Tesla does. The hard part is wrapping mirrors. The few times I tried they were just okay. The contrasting brackets actually look fine.

That’s the exact part the pros told me would be the issue. I just opted to wrap the entire mirror as I never check myself out in it. Some might hate it, but I’m ok with it. They sewed the area perfectly though. Pics for attention.

852BBAB5-089C-4B16-8D0A-93FFAAFFA1D9.jpeg

4C365B32-8BFE-43B3-9D76-80A6E9EF1A9A.jpeg

C088410F-B6FC-4B34-88A1-E51609E34F96.jpeg

It looks so good! Big upgrade. Would you mind sharing the cost?

Get ready to crap your pants! HA! It was around $1400. Included was taking the headliner down, reupholstering it, as well as the rear cargo cover, and then placing back. Insanely good workmanship and awesome upgrade. Best mod Ive done to any car Ive had. Totally changed the look and feel of the cabin.

• Informative
Reactions: PNWLeccy
Get ready to crap your pants! HA! It was around $1400. Included was taking the headliner down, reupholstering it, as well as the rear cargo cover, and then placing back. Insanely good workmanship and awesome upgrade. Best mod Ive done to any car Ive had. Totally changed the look and feel of the cabin.
That's less than I expected. I will look into a local upholstery shop for a similar job. Thank you for sharing the numbers!

Reactions: JaeTheDev
That's less than I expected. I will look into a local upholstery shop for a similar job. Thank you for sharing the numbers!

Very welcome! The online shops that sell the reupholstered headliners go for about 2000 plus you need to buy a new liner for them to do which is 2000 as well. 1400 was a steal! Hope you have the same luck! Show us here when you do! Love to see it!