Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Completely Blacked Out Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am soon to finalize (12,838) and am thinking about going the completely blacked out look which is: Black paint, Black leather interior, Black tinted windows, Black or grey wheels.

Has anybody on this thread done something similar and have pictures to share? If not completely blakced out does anybody have pictures of a model s with black paint and black interior with the grey wheels?

Thanks!

Signature #1 is black with the dark gray wheels.
(Didn't have tinted windows yet, though)
2012 Tesla Model S: First Drive Photo Gallery - Autoblog
01-2012-tesla-model-s-fd-1347336745.jpg

25-2012-tesla-model-s-fd-1347336796.jpg

Last edited:
After seeing the article those pictures are coming from:
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/09/11/...eo/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
I made up my mind to go all black as well, with CF interior of course, and tinted windows.
I just wish I would be able to change out that chrome around the windows. Some black "frames" like BMW offers (Shadowline?) would be nice.
I always wanted a black (bad**s) car.
Johan, looks like we're going for the same then?

Oh yes :)
I think you could put either black (matte?) wrap on the chrome, or cover it with liquid black plastic (Plastidip). That would be cool. Plastdip can be put on wheels too, I've seen nice examples of this. Not sure if it lasts well though.

- Tinted windows all the way around full black
Front windshield and windows on the front doors are not permitted to be tinted in California.
(Well on the side windows you can get away with a very light tint.)
You can do "limo tint" on the back windows if you like, but be aware of the state regulations on front windows in California.

California Window Tint Law - TintCenter.com
CHP-Frequently Asked Questions of the Highway Patrol

Recent tint discussion thread:
Aftermarket window tinting anyone?

Last edited:
I know it's not permitted in CA but my current vehicle, M5, has it and I tend to get away with it knock on wood

Front windshield and windows on the front doors are not permitted to be tinted in California.
(Well on the side windows you can get away with a very light tint.)
You can do "limo tint" on the back windows if you like, but be aware of the state regulations on front windows in California.

California Window Tint Law - TintCenter.com
CHP-Frequently Asked Questions of the Highway Patrol

Recent tint discussion thread:
Aftermarket window tinting anyone?

I wouldn't trust a picture taken on a beach against a sunset. That's about the most flattering backdrop imaginable, for any color. Find one taken on a street. Also, I'd advise seeing the red piping on the leather in person--some people love it, some not so much.