Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Completing my Plaid X reservation for February delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

UncaNed

Supporting Member
Apr 8, 2015
East coast
My Plaid X is supposed to be delivered in February. I entered the information for my Trade in (3 year old Model X75D), but now when I try to select financing, it says "We are experiencing technical issues loading your payment details. Please try again later.".

Is this because they need to process my trade in info before I can proceed? Or some sort of glitch with the order management system?

do you have a VIN? im scrambling to install a tesla wallcharger in the garage, wasnt expecting such a change in estimated delivery
I would not panic over a home wall-mounted charger. The car comes with a portable charger, plus there are superchargers and Level 2 chargers at various stores. Check out plugshare or other web sites.

I went 3 months after getting my first Tesla and was concerned because my Wall charger delivery was delayed. It turned out it was not a huge inconvenience to charge slowly at home via wall socket or use other chargers at restaurants, malls, movies, etc. It just took a little planning and remembering the EV ABCs, All Be Charging.

Welp. Here we are 3 months later and my reservation date has been bounced around from February 2022 to April to July and finally up to April -26-till-May 15!!! YAY!!

-AANNDD then back to July.

Gave up on trading-in, as my photos of the damaged areas were never good enough for them, and decided it's just not worth the hassle, plus I might not keep it long at all, as I'm not sure I'll be able to get my wheelchair in the 6-seater anyway, so I might play with it a while (the 6-seat Plaid X) and then sell it (the 6-seat Plaid X) if there's no god wheelchair options after all.

I never accepted the "Wells Fargo Auto 72 months, 2.99% APR loan offer, as after thinking about it a day, they changed delivery back to July.

They never assigned my VIN.

1) Would it have made any difference if I had confirmed the offer sooner while it said April 26 - May 15th?

2) Could I have done anything else that might have kept the earlier Estimated Delivery date?

3) What else should I know about this annoying process?

In any case, I see the wisdom of Tesla raising prices to shorten delivery times. Wonder what's the limiting Plaid X production holdup now.