Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Compliments to Kearny Mesa Tesla Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my tires replaced at the Kearny Mesa Tesla Service Center (Actually 3 tires, since I had to already replaced 1 a few weeks ago due to an unrepairable nail hole)
Service Person was "Rod", great attitude, kept me abreast of the progress of the tire replacement process. Had a 3:15 appointment, I was home by 5:00pm

I requested they place the best of the old tires in the trunk, I purchased an aftermarket lookalike rim on Amazon that I'm going to use as a spare for unforeseen emergencies.

The Technician updated/added with "Showtime" I believe it's called? Didn't discover this feature had been added until I got home and it popped up on the screen.
Called my spouse out the garage and rocked out with music and a light show. Really cool!

Michelin replacement tires were $295 each

Happy Camper.

LOL… Rod may have received counseling on customer service… $300/tire - I guess you didn’t consider saving a hundred plus for the set at Discount Tires and getting in/out service in an hour as well as free rotations whenever you want (crucial in a Tesla).. anyways, this was a service appointment that could have been used for something only Tesla can work on, but glad you had a good experience, naivety is bliss

LOL… Rod may have received counseling on customer service… $300/tire - I guess you didn’t consider saving a hundred plus for the set at Discount Tires and getting in/out service in an hour as well as free rotations whenever you want (crucial in a Tesla).. anyways, this was a service appointment that could have been used for something only Tesla can work on, but glad you had a good experience, naivety is bliss
The OEM-spec Michelin MXM tires in 18" cost $308 in a local San Diego Discount Tire in a search one minute ago.

If you have seen them for $200, say so, I haven't.

Reactions: OldPro
Not the same tire at Discount Tires. Or Costco or? If anything goes wrong after an appointment at Tesla Service, I can go directly back to them. If your battery pack gets damaged by some yahoo that doesn't know how to jack up your Tesla...who you gonna call?! I'm too damn old to be "naive"