Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Composite video input to main screen - need tech help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm assuming you have already tried to verify that it does not work as-is. What was the behavior? The same message that you normally see when the camera is unplugged?

Correct, when triggered shows camera not available, I was inputting video signal from a DVD player that had composite output.
When not triggered lets the rear camera signal pass through - at least that part works :)
but I did not use that exact unit, it looks the same, except listed for Audi vehicles. May try to get the MB one and open them up to compare.

Correct, when triggered shows camera not available, I was inputting video signal from a DVD player that had composite output.
When not triggered lets the rear camera signal pass through - at least that part works :)
but I did not use that exact unit, it looks the same, except listed for Audi vehicles. May try to get the MB one and open them up to compare.

I can promise you that this will not work.

One might think that having the correct cable and connector would be enough but the electronics in the touchscreen look for signals specific to the Tesla camera. If it doesn't see them the "Camera Unavailable" messages shows.