TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Composite video input to main screen - need tech help

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Jason, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Jason

Jason Member

This adapter will allow regular video to be displayed on MB screen that uses LVDS - same type connector.
    (It's for adding a old style composite camera to MB LVDS system)

Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

No, it won't work on Tesla. But with all the talent here, was thinking someone would know how to modify it to work...

Any ideas out there?

2. ken830

ken830 Model S (Res#P12,447)

I'm assuming you have already tried to verify that it does not work as-is. What was the behavior? The same message that you normally see when the camera is unplugged?

3. Jason

Jason Member

Correct, when triggered shows camera not available, I was inputting video signal from a DVD player that had composite output.
    When not triggered lets the rear camera signal pass through - at least that part works :)
    but I did not use that exact unit, it looks the same, except listed for Audi vehicles. May try to get the MB one and open them up to compare.

4. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I can promise you that this will not work.

One might think that having the correct cable and connector would be enough but the electronics in the touchscreen look for signals specific to the Tesla camera. If it doesn't see them the "Camera Unavailable" messages shows.

5. SUPRKAR

SUPRKAR Member

My guess, now that Model S is available in China, we will see something like this in the near future. Let's hope