Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Comprehensive list of Model 3 Service Bulletins?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CharleyBC

Jun 28, 2019
Talent, OR
I searched around the forum and failed to find this. Has anyone been tracking which service bulletins are applicable to which VINs?

Our 3 just turned 2 years old, and I recently scheduled mobile service to install our FSD (HW3) computer. I also asked them to do any relevant service bulletins. The car has never been in for service before. Tesla came back with charge port pins and frunk latch. I was expecting the charge port one. I’d forgotten (or never knew) about the frunk. But I thought there was one about the battery breathers. And I wonder about any others that I happen to be unaware of.

So, is there a handy list somewhere? Thanks!

I had also scheduled a mobile service for HW3 install but my VIN was flagged for upgrade yet. Mobile service did perform the same 2 service bulletin you noted replace charge port pins and check frunk latch. No other service bulletins were noted for my VIN.

My 2-year anniversary of my Model 3 happens to be tomorrow.

Tesla SCs and MSs (like most other service depts across other brands) will typically ignore and might even become defensive when confronted with TSB details from an informed client.

They have some Tesla DB where they cross-ref your VIN against the TSBs and if they dont find a match, will do their best not to do anything even if your car exhibits exact symptoms or missed the VIN cutoff because of a. stale TSB info b. some technicality.

Reactions: Tres_Azul
I think they only do the battery breathers if you complain about clunking while driving or super charging in cold weather.
Yeah, Most car companies only address Service Bulletins if a customer complains, since they are not "Recalls".

I think there is about 15 SB on the 2019 M3. I think you'd have a better chance of getting it done if in conjunction with other work.
The two times I've had Service, they addressed SB issues, both those which I ask for, and several which I didn't even know about.