Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Comprehensive List of Model 3 Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to get my 6/18 glovebox replaced due to it not staying shut. The mobile repair tech said he was replacing it with a v2 that had a better latch mechanism.

minor change but effective- first repair did not stick before being replaced. Not sure when the changeover to v2 occurred though.

I had to get my 6/18 glovebox replaced due to it not staying shut. The mobile repair tech said he was replacing it with a v2 that had a better latch mechanism.

minor change but effective- first repair did not stick before being replaced. Not sure when the changeover to v2 occurred though.

I will mention that I'm not really tracking revisions or small problems repairs (there are hundreds if not thousands of those types of variations), but actual feature changes that aren't related to TRIM differences.

• The rectangular cutout in the rear deck has been changed twice. It was originally open air with just the rear deck mesh over it. It was then filled with a soft material for a few months, then changed to a hard material. I haven't seen any postings about it lately, so I don't know if they kept the hard material.
  • They added a trunk top underside edge plastic molding sometime in mid-'18.
Edit: You can slot this one into the minor revision category.
  • I don't know when, but the door handles were modified to not catch the surrounding enclosure and stay open for an extended period of time.

• Informative
Reactions: Jedi2155
Updates in Red

2018:
  • Dash Trim changed to single piece
  • Weatherstripping change to reduce wind noise
  • 01/18: Alcantera -> Textile
  • Q1/18: Suspension Spring improved
  • 04/18: Seat cushions changed
  • 04/18: Shiny to Matte Tesla Logo on Steering Wheel
  • 07/18: Rear Pano glass IR coating changed
  • 12/18: License Plate Frame change
2019:
  • 04/19: Removal of Homelink
  • 04/19: USB dock cables removed
  • 05/19: HW3/FSD Computer
  • 08/19: Vegan Steering Wheel (vs. Leather)
  • 09/19: Pedestrian Speaker

Other Notable Changes:
  • 12/18??? - Possible Rear Trunk Gasket Change
  • 05/19??? - Removal of Frunk Mat
  • 05/19??? - Removal of 14-50 / J1772 Adapter
  • Hitch Area change to allow Tow??? (European spec only AFAIK)

Easier to track on a wiki

Before and after image courtesy of @Teslatunity on Twitter.
reartrunkgarnish.jpg

I will mention that I'm not really tracking revisions or small problems repairs (there are hundreds if not thousands of those types of variations), but actual feature changes that aren't related to TRIM differences.

Seems like a pretty arbitrary distinction to me. I mean you’re tracking “dash trim changed to single piece”...

The glovebox latch is completely different in new version and some people would be interested.

Seems like a pretty arbitrary distinction to me. I mean you’re tracking “dash trim changed to single piece”...

The glovebox latch is completely different in new version and some people would be interested.

I definitely don't want to dissuade people from listing repair changes, I think that's interesting. However, given that Tesla has MANY different revisions for some items such as their RWD motor for which there's at least 8 revisions (and 3 revisions for the front motor) which I attempted at tracking at one point, I'd rather not get into that level of detail for a particular part.
upload_2019-10-13_2-0-57.png

A change in the door trim piece is a functionally new part as I'd argue the change is visual or functional rather than a repair of existing function (not being able to latch on correctly).

Easier to track on a wiki

Is there a wiki for this specific item vs. wikipedia? I'm not aware of any Tesla motors history wikipedia (someone should make one....) outside of wikipedia...

Reactions: beachmiles
Oh, add right-hand drive availability to the list as of a few months ago. Welcome, Kiwis, Aussies, and more!
Yay! It's only taken 3 years longer than expected here in Aust...
In theory though, the wait should translate into a more refined build quality, plus there are more public chargers around than there were 3 years ago. Glass half-full.

Reactions: JBT66 and CharleyBC
Is there a wiki for this...? I'm not aware of any Tesla motors history Wikipedia (someone should make one....)
I have looked everywhere, the closest I have seen is: Fix Your Tesla Model S, X, and soon 3!

Or one of those Wikis hosted by the gaming sites

If all we wanna track is changes we COULD ask the admins to turn the first message into a Wiki

• Informative
Reactions: Jedi2155