Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Comprehensive USB Bug List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Album art missing is a mild inconvenience. I think the recently appearing track-ordering bug for multi-disc albums is much worse, as it renders impossible to play a sequenced album (e.g. Handel's Messiah) in proper order.
Every time I heard about new issues I imagine new Tesla software developer INTERNS being let loose on the infotainment system. Fun to think about, but I hope not true (probably is).

• Funny
Reactions: evp
Album art missing is a mild inconvenience. I think the recently appearing track-ordering bug for multi-disc albums is much worse, as it renders impossible to play a sequenced album (e.g. Handel's Messiah) in proper order.
At least there's a workaround fix for that - rename your files with the disk number at the front (101, 102, 103... 201, 202, 203, etc). You may need to do some internal retagging of the track numbers, I'm not sure how your car is deriving the track order from.

At least there's a workaround fix for that - rename your files with the disk number at the front (101, 102, 103... 201, 202, 203, etc). You may need to do some internal retagging of the track numbers, I'm not sure how your car is deriving the track order from.
No, this is not a work-around. The tracks are not sorted alphabetically (if that were the case, I would have even bigger problems); they are sort in track order, without regard to disc number.

No, this is not a work-around. The tracks are not sorted alphabetically (if that were the case, I would have even bigger problems); they are sort in track order, without regard to disc number.
Numerically. Do you know how to edit tags? This is an issue you can fix on your end if you're willing to take the time to do so.

How I deal with multi-disk albums that works for the model 3, and should work in the S, X and Y also is this: Album - all files for all disks are stored in a folder together, labeled "Artist - AlbumName". Filename - prepend the disk number at the beginning of the file name, so tracks are 101, 102, 103,...201, 202, 203....etc. Then, in the tags, in the track number field, all tracks are numbered sequentially, not doubling back to 01 for each disk, but rather the total number of tracks in total. You'll need a tag editor for this last part. Hope this makes sense, it works if you're willing to do it. Note that this works in Folder view - I never use Album or artist or whatever, although if done properly should work in those views also.

Any word if this is fixed on 2020.48.12? My system has prompted me to update.

I am not updating until I hear that it has been resolved.

I think the main fix in 2020.48.12 is the huge security bug that allowed someone to re-program the fob for a Model X from a significant distance and then get the codes out of it so that they could then access the Model X and pair a new fob to it.

• Informative
Reactions: aesculus
Any word if this is fixed on 2020.48.12? My system has prompted me to update.

I am not updating until I hear that it has been resolved.
Not updating until this USB Album Art issue is fixed is cutting off your nose to spite your face. The new update gives better text messaging processing and bug fixes (including the afore-mentioned security flaw). Why would you refuse to update your car until a relatively minor issue (and yes, album art not displaying correctly is so far down the list of issues to be upset about as to be minor) is fixed.

• Disagree
Reactions: Alkettory
Not updating until this USB Album Art issue is fixed is cutting off your nose to spite your face. The new update gives better text messaging processing and bug fixes (including the afore-mentioned security flaw). Why would you refuse to update your car until a relatively minor issue (and yes, album art not displaying correctly is so far down the list of issues to be upset about as to be minor) is fixed.

Not to mention that, depending on when you purchased your vehicle, the warranty requires you to install every update offered to you in order to keep your warranty intact. (I don't know if that is really enforceable, but it is in there.)

Reactions: drklain

drklein, I'm sure what you meant to say is that for you, Album Art is a relatively minor issue. Others will have differing opinions that are equally valid. In my case, I agree with aesculus. As a huge music fan, Album Art is important to me. Given Tesla's poor history with quickly repairing USB bugs that they have introduced, it could be months or years before this issue gets resolved. As long as my car is perfectly drive-able, I'm willing to hold off on any update that I know will break a feature I really like.

Reactions: aesculus