Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Comprehensive USB Bug List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do any of you have the issue of different album art showing on the dash vs the MCU, when I switch albums the old album art stays on the dash.
Yes, mine is stuck on whatever played first. Also, the shuffle feature no longer works.
Yes. I first noticed this in 2021.40, which I received in November, 2021.

The text on the dash is for the currently playing album, but the artwork is not.
yes, I've noticed the same, USB artwork on IC is stuck on the first song played - although the text on the IC updates correctly when the song changes. Separately, shuffle still seems to work for me. Currently on 2022.12.3.16

You *would* think this would be easy to fix, however none of the longstanding bugs in Tesla's media player surprise me any more after all these years. They obviously have zero interest (or ability?) to address these sort of otherwise trivial issues. You'd think it were rocket science or something...

Reactions: pilotSteve
I have a Model 3, for which I am on 2022 software releases and album art has been restored.

I also have a 2012 S Performance - MCU1, which recently installed 2021.24.28 and still does not have album art for USB.

My S was in storage for most of the last year, so I sort of expected this to be fixed when I took it out and installed the latest software update. Apparently not. Are other people with MCU1 S's seeing this as well? If you have album art, can you tell me roughly what release that arrived on?

Thanks!

AND: It includes TIDAL!!!!!!! I was under impression that Tidal and Spotify would only ever be available on MCU2 cars... but here it is!

Ironically, I was going to get an MCU2 installed last month... first, because my 2012 S was occasionally having problems waking up (NOT fixed by EMMC replacement) and I was concerned about having it freeze at a bad time... second, to get Tidal. I got a call the day before the appointment saying it was off - parts not available. So... since the last (few months ago) update, it's had no problems waking up, and since 22.18.10, I now have Tidal... so LONG LIVE MY MCU1!

I no longer really need to fret about my USB, because Tidal gives me access to just about anything in CD quality... but it is ALSO so nice to have album art restored for USB.

Hi All, Anybody is facing the challenge of the USB Song starting again from the point it started. Every time i park the car and come back it just shows the Album and won't start from that point. Is there any solution to ensure the songs/playlist start from the same point

Hi All, Anybody is facing the challenge of the USB Song starting again from the point it started. Every time i park the car and come back it just shows the Album and won't start from that point. Is there any solution to ensure the songs/playlist start from the same point
I have had the same issue for ever.

Someone (sorry, can't remember who) discovered a workaround for this several months ago. Use voice commands and just say "USB." Play will resume exactly where you left off every time. I have no idea why this works, or why Tesla seems to be completely incapable of fixing this issue within the UI after they broke it years ago. But hey, it works!

• Helpful
Reactions: aesculus

Since V11 first installed it always switches to streaming now if I've been listening to USB. It completely loses my place.

Well my album art on 22.18.10.1 (MCU1) is not perfect. It does change on the media display on the main panel, but not on the dash panel. First time I start the car I get the correct album art but when it changes to a different album, the dash media panel retains the first album art. The only way I seem to be able to reset that is to go to another music source like streaming, and then just say USB which opens the track last played with the correct dash album art. Did both steering wheel resets and it did not help.

Anyone have a work around/fix for this other than the one I mentioned?

Well my album art on 22.18.10.1 (MCU1) is not perfect. It does change on the media display on the main panel, but not on the dash panel. First time I start the car I get the correct album art but when it changes to a different album, the dash media panel retains the first album art. The only way I seem to be able to reset that is to go to another music source like streaming, and then just say USB which opens the track last played with the correct dash album art. Did both steering wheel resets and it did not help.

Anyone have a work around/fix for this other than the one I mentioned?
Same thing happens on MCU2.

It's crazy -- I just installed 2022.40.4.1, and the announcement page said exactly one thing:

Radio station logos are now... fixed, or better or something.

This is the only fix that Tesla thought was worth calling out on the install, and yet they still can't make USB start where it left off. Like it used to, once upon a time.

And no, obviously Tesla doesn't care. And there is no way to ask them to care as far as I can tell either -- no user feedback, no bug reports. No way to contact them at all except a service call. "Customer input is just error", right Elon?

Who were the complainers about whatever radio feature they fixed? How did THEY get their attention?

It's great that Tesla can do remote upgrades. What's not great is that they have never provided me with a fix for something that actually matters to me.

...yet they still can't make USB start where it left off. Like it used to, once upon a time.
I'll start by saying I agree with you - the USB music controller is horrendous.

But, for a while, I was leaving Sentry on ALL the time (even at home and at work). About 70% of the time, it would act like it used to - just pick up where it was the last time you were in the car (you know, like every frikken other car in the world does...).

Also, just to be sure you are aware, you can use the voice command, "Switch to USB"* and it will pick up where you left off in playback. It doesn't put the on-screen menu to the folder/album you had up (you still need to navigate there), but at least you get the pickup spot.

*You can also use "U S B" voice command with very definite space between each letter, but I found the "switch to..." to work better for me. YMMV

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve and jgs
"Switch to USB"* and it will pick up where you left off in playback.
Hey! I've tried every incantation otherwise mentioned in all these forums, and that's the first time one worked.

Thank you, oh thank you @Kevy Baby ! Still not quite right, but at least it's something and I think I can mostly enjoy USB music again.

I note that the USB icon doesn't appear until it (guessing) loads up the index, which may be the reason it doesn't go back to USB automatically and just shows me a Tidal QR code. It's like the music subsystem boots before the USB index is loaded, and loses track of the fact that it was the last thing playing.

Frankly, I don't like having music start playing when I open the door (I think it should be when I start the car, but I'm sure others feel differently), so maybe this is a workable compromise. But I'd rather not have to do anything.