Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Compressor noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope everyone is well. Walked up to my car this morning and when it unlocked it started make a noise, which it has not done before. Video attached .

any ideas what and why ?

Model S ludicrous 2019

Sounds like the air compressor. If it happens once it is a fluke. If it happens every day it’s a sign you have a leak in the air suspension. It doesn’t run when the car is off.

Approach it without your key tomorrow morning and see if one corner is low.

Last edited:
100% the air compressor sending air to one (or more) of your air shocks. Agreed with above.
If you leave it sitting without waking it up/touching it for 48 hours? Check all corners. You may find one (or more) leaning. Thats a sign of an air leak at that corner(s)

If the entire car is low, that typically means a leak at the air distribution block

• Informative
Reactions: rickyjb
I have a 2017 Model S, and I also noticed this problem. I have two questions:

1. Is this sound normal for the air compressor?
2. I notice this sound about 2 minutes after starting the car, and after raising the air suspesion more than once... Is that a sign of problem?

thanks.

Get familiar with your air suspension. Have someone else get in the seat and adjust the height from standard to high to low, while you stand in the same spot where you filmed that video, sound the same?

Hello all, just getting to this thread. I have a 2013 S that's just started to make this noise. After spending 300 dollars with Tesla they said this noise is normal per the attached repair sheet. Anyone else eventually find a fix? Or is this as they say "Normal"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231001_194200_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20231001_194200_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 63