Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Computer screen not turning on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My computer has failed to come on twice now when getting in the car. First time which was a few days ago i was thinking I needed to call roadside assistance out. Then this morning it happened again.

I got it back both times by 2 button reset and locking and unlocking the car again. I notified Tesla after the first time and they said it was just doing some housekeeping type thing which is normal.

I have now just logged it again this morning because it happened again. But worried it won’t come on next time and I will be stranded somewhere. 😞

But worried it won’t come on next time and I will be stranded somewhere

Make sure you have "Keyless start" (can't exactly remember what the option is called) enabled. Then you can do START from your phone, and bypass pin-to-drive and so on. If the MCU is bust I don't think that will help, but if it is just the screen that goes U/S that should work.

If you try it (i.e. now-ish :) ) it will tell you if you don't have the necessary setting on the dashboard (and if so what the name of it is - much more reliable than my memory :) ), and then you can sort that out before terminal-error

Mine has started doing that recently, I think after I installed 2022.12.3. The screen stays blank when getting in the car occasionally. So far just opening & closing the driver's door again (while staying seated) has made it start up properly.