Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Con Edison Customer -Charging Discount w/Fleet Carma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had a pilot program in California that sounded similar. It was however not beneficial to customers who had solar and were already on a time of use rate. It used an inexpensive sub meter but the sub meter consumption did not net against solar production. Overall both of these kind of programs make EV drivers more aware of the market costs of electricity and shift usage. That is a good thing.

Attention New York City Tesla Owners:

Fleet Carma has increased its discount for Charging Off-Peak (between 12 midnight – 8 am, all days, year-round) As of April 1, 2018 this will be raised form $0.05 per kWh to $0.10 per kWh.

This is a significant discount off your charging cost.

Reactions: SageBrush
Just install a device and get electric discounts for charging your Tesla or any other EV

It works flawlessly and saves $ on your electric cost

I signed up last spring but found it was pain to add the device to my dash, so I haven't installed it. I have a 2015 Model S. perhaps the 2016/7 refresh allow you to add the FleetCarma hardware a little more easily. I feel bad. they keep emailing me that I have not activated the service and I am thinking of returning the hardware.

Also I don't have a ConEd bill in my name anymore b/c my building pays the electricity costs and then the residents pay for that as part of our monthly maintenance. But when I signed up I figured I'd sign up in my parents name or another family member so they can get some sort of discount on the electric bill.

I signed up last spring but found it was pain to add the device to my dash, so I haven't installed it. I have a 2015 Model S. perhaps the 2016/7 refresh allow you to add the FleetCarma hardware a little more easily. I feel bad. they keep emailing me that I have not activated the service and I am thinking of returning the hardware.

Also I don't have a ConEd bill in my name anymore b/c my building pays the electricity costs and then the residents pay for that as part of our monthly maintenance. But when I signed up I figured I'd sign up in my parents name or another family member so they can get some sort of discount on the electric bill.
It is not really difficult to install ... just get them on the phone and they can walk you through it ... unfortunately it probably does need to be your con edison account

Current X5 40e driver, switching to an MX on order. Signed up with your referral code Zero CO2.

Also learned on coned site that one can add a second meter for off peak charging of EV. Didn’t know that. Going to talk to them about this.
thanks ... i have found this to be a good program been using for 1.5 years now I get anywhere for $15 -$90 discount on my bill(depending usage and season) in the form of gift cards .. i have asked them for electric bill discounts but no luck with that yet

thanks ... i have found this to be a good program been using for 1.5 years now I get anywhere for $15 -$90 discount on my bill(depending usage and season) in the form of gift cards .. i have asked them for electric bill discounts but no luck with that yet
Is this 15-90 a month? Also once you plug it in can you put the cubby back up or is it dangling there the whole time. thanks

Is this 15-90 a month? Also once you plug it in can you put the cubby back up or is it dangling there the whole time. thanks

You can push it back up. There is plenty of room for the cable above it. Rebate depends entirely on how much charging in the area you do between 12-8am.

You can use my link to earn bonus points on sign up I believe. Not sure what they are giving out these days. I’ve been happy with the program so far.

SmartCharge New York | FleetCarma