Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Concealed Weapon Placement and Mounting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More posts moved to snippiness. Let me reiterate for those slow to comprehend, this thread needs to stay specifically on the topic of how best to securely concealed carry and holster a handgun in a Tesla. If you have information specific to this please contribute. If you have an opinion for or against gun control, you'll need to find another place to discuss that. The fact is that concealed carry is legal and presumably those interested are licensed to concealed carry and are Tesla owners making it a pertinent topic for discussion. Opinions about gun rights is not pertinent here and will be removed. So save your key strokes.

I'm eager to take delivery of my model s and will likely find some sort of solution in the new center console. In playing around with it at the ds I have seen that the ability to rearrange the cup holders should provide plenty of space for a my xds. I would rather fabricate some sort of mount than have have it lying loose in there.

I was dismayed by the pistol-concealing options in my Model S until I realized something wonderful about the center console. I borrowed Mobe's pic from above to illustrate. See that spot between and to the left of the two cup holders opposite the glasses? It's the PERFECT place to stow an officer frame 1911, barrel down, at a very workable grip angle. The plastic bits that hold the cups hold the pistol very well and the felt on the inside of the left wall eliminates rattling. With the console door closed, you're concealed by pretty much any lawyer's definition of the word. With the console door open, your pistol is as ready as if it was on your hip (assuming you're right-handed and don't cross-draw). In my case, a 7" long STI Shadow sometimes lives here, but I'm sure many single-stack pistols of similar length would fit just as well. You could store a pistol in the spot where the glasses are in the picture, but it would be tricky to draw from the driver's seat. However, if your passenger was left handed...

The one flaw I have with this arrangement is that the center console is not lockable so the key to your car becomes the key to your pistol.
image-jpeg.108887

the M&P shield should fit nicely in there however I'm not to sure about larger frame's i believe if its anything like my wife car that divider between the cup holders are removable and as such the tension won't be there to keep it from moving while driving

the M&P shield should fit nicely in there however I'm not to sure about larger frame's i believe if its anything like my wife car that divider between the cup holders are removable and as such the tension won't be there to keep it from moving while driving

I'm using the M&P 9c so I know it will fit nicely there. I have been waiting for my local Tesla group to get together when I'm not traveling so that I can find someone that has the center console and check it out but so far it hasn't happened. The other problem is the only center console available is the Evannex which I really don't care for looking at them online. It is looking like Tesla has discontinued their retrofit center console which is too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.