Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Concerns about waiting in line for superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You might want to consider moving posts 32-40 into the new thread noted in (currently) post 41. I don't know if NoCO agrees, but (from my perspective) those posts were a continuation of that discussion. An attempt at productive continuation of the discussion, FWIW.

just sayin, the model S has more than enough storage capacity... and roller jacks make it so easy for one person to move a car.

vehicle_positioning_font_b_jack_b_font.jpg
Lol. That's awesome. I would totally consider getting one of those.

After 4 months of ownership yesterday was my first road-trip requiring Superchargers. It was the night of July 3...a major travel day. Traffic was horrible getting out Seattle and I was concerned about how crowded the superchargers would be in Woodburn, OR. I pulled in to find 8 empty stalls (that's me charging). A blue MS showed up about 15 minutes later.
photo 1.JPG

Needed a bio-break in Detroit Lake, OR and pulled in to find 6 empty stalls:
photo 4.JPG

All-in-all a smooth trip...Superchargers made it worry-free!

At the Mall of America here in Minnesota, they have a few J1772 chargers in a few spots. They were always ICED. ALWAYS. Since they got the spots painted with green lines, I have yet to see it ICED. I personally highly recommend the visibility of the green paint in addition to signage after seeing the change here. I think it's partly because drivers usually look for the blue handicap logo painted on the spot, so they seem to also see the green EV paint.

Here's its entry on Plugshare--see photos

http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/4748

-m

Thats a nice website to look up charging stations.

How quick is it to charge at the different chargers they show on the map?

EV plug.. what is that? Is that fast to charge on there?

I've charged @ the Ellensburg supercharger twice. No iceing. One Tesla chat. So far my experience there has been as good as Centralia.

As for Ritzville, I've been meaning to find an excuse to make a trip out there but haven't found the time yet.
Two trips through Ellensburg and Ritzville over July 4th weekend. No icing. About an hour west of Ritzville is the last Tesla I saw going east to Montana (i.e. none in Idaho or Montana). I saw 4 other Model S (2 charging, 1 leaving, 1 arriving) at Ellensburg. Lots of Tesla time at Ellensburg, and a little at Ritzville.

So it appears all of my follow up posts with updates of my two subsequent visits to this supercharger to my own thread were deleted when this thread was moved to a different category. That's a shame, and I'm not going to bother retyping all of it.

We rarely delete posts. Are you saying they were moved and you can't find them or they weren't saved before posting?

So it appears all of my follow up posts with updates of my two subsequent visits to this supercharger to my own thread were deleted when this thread was moved to a different category. That's a shame, and I'm not going to bother retyping all of it.

rpo - As dsm363 has noted, we rarely delete posts (unless it is a TOS violation). In any case where a moderator would delete a post, we would notify the person as a courtesy, giving the reason.

I've gone through your posting history & can't find any that were deleted (I could still see them if someone deleted by mistake). They all show as visible, none are in moderation. Have you looked at your posting history to see if the posts are just in a place that you didn't think they'd be?

We rarely delete posts. Are you saying they were moved and you can't find them or they weren't saved before posting?

They are both gone. One was three paragraphs, and the other was two. They were both posted before the thread was split and moved, and both posts are missing from both potential threads. I know one person had replied and quoted the first post, and that is gone as well. I basically had gone back to the supercharger twice and psoted my findings along with clearing up some of the confusion from my OP.

They are both gone. One was three paragraphs, and the other was two. They were both posted before the thread was split and moved, and both posts are missing from both potential threads. I know one person had replied and quoted the first post, and that is gone as well. I basically had gone back to the supercharger twice and psoted my findings along with clearing up some of the confusion from my OP.

All I can tell you is that they do not show in post history - perhaps a vBulletin bug has left them in a queue and they will show up. But there is no evidence of anyone deleting anything.