Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Condensation in B pillar camera area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I seemed to frequently get messages regarding side camera issues, visibility and blocked or obstructed view and so I checked it out more closely and noticed condensation built up behind the glass but in front of the side cameras in the B pillars. Any body else getting this? I’m in Canada and currently weather is frequently below freezing and so cabin gets pre-heated and heated for most of the trip. We get snow here and some melts from your boots so the cabin air can have humidity. Shouldn’t these areas be factory sealed so no moisture gets in? Any body else get this and if so, what have you done to correct it? Thanks

I experienced this a few months ago during a period of some crazy rain. It did clear up on its own after a few hours and hasn’t been a problem since.

9236ED35-8B23-41F1-8200-76CFC99B2E7B.jpeg

• Disagree
Reactions: kpeng
I experienced it for the first time today following a drive in heavy rain yesterday. It cleared after an hour in the sun. I will report it to service if it happens very often. After reading various threads, I believe it’s a design defect for which there is no solution. I love my car, but stuff like this irritates me greatly...