Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Condensation In Left Pillar Camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. I have both a Model S 100D and a P3D. In both cars I’ve had the warning come up about something obstructing the pillar camera only to find that it is condensation on the inside of the pillar camera compartment. Since it has happened on both cars, I fear it is a design issue that will always show up in humid months. It is unfortunate because it limits FSD and safety features. I hope they can find a fix.
-r

Reactions: Cowby
Same here....dorky mobile tech said it’s not a defect so can’t replace...really?....I asked him what if it was a dead bug blocking the camera from properly operating? He said yes....then I told him an “obstruction is an obstruction”, no matter what it is....he just stared at me dumbfounded and said that’s Tesla’s answer to the problem....love my S,E,X, but service is indeed getting worse and worse now.

In my X, I never had it on any cameras in over 3 years, except one time recently the front camera gave me a notification. After 15 minutes later it worked ok. It was on the inside not able to wipe away. Maybe not much condensation. Could have just been a little fogged up inside.

I went to the service center a couple days ago and asked about the camera issue.
The answer : All the 3s do that, there is no fix for it.

Well, until this issue is dealt with, there will be no autonomous cars.
(Who wants to ride in a blind car ?)

Reactions: Cowby

For those with the issue, can you look at the B pillar and tell me if you see something similar in the video? I have the issue with the right one, and I noticed that the surface looks matte, but on the left B pillar (which does not have the issue) looks clear. I don't know if that has anything to do with it but it is just something that I've observed.