Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Condensation in rear lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we agree that having them a bit "foggy" once in a while on a cold morning is not that concerning, literally every Tesla I've seen is affected. It's when big droplets starts to appear like in the picture above that we should escalate to service?
Yep. I put up with one of mine fogging up regularly for over a year but eventually it reached the point that the water droplets never dried out so I had it swapped.

(I did have a Ford Capri back in the day I could have kept goldfish in the rear lights. More a 'water feature' than a condensation problem. The boot would fill up with water too, but I solved that by drilling a hole in the boot floor).

Had them both replaced 18 months ago. They are back this week to replace them again.

View attachment 906721
Just double check the rim of the boot to make sure it isn't hitting the light when it closes. That’s what was causing one of my lights to do this by breaking the seal, and chipping away at the paint so it got nice and rusty! The sc can re-align the boot so it stops hitting things when it closes.
F2B63F76-9FBE-485E-B2A8-5AFA661E4654.jpeg
3A4322D7-11AB-4EA5-8435-F49D9E6298ED.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel