Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Condensation in Tail light

TonyMS

Mar 21, 2020
Louisiana
Washed the car and noticed condensation in the tail light. It went away by the morning but I got and error message that said blinker error and that it wouldn't work till car was serviced. The message was up very quickly tired to get a pic but it disappeared and the blinkers have been working fine ever since. Service adviser said the condensation was normal because they are vented but will look into the error message when I come in for my appointment. Anybody else know about this vented tail light situation?
Tail light Conden.jpeg

NY_Rob

Feb 13, 2020
Long Island
Just the fact that washing the car generated an error message is a sign that something's wrong, unless you washed your car with a power washer.
Keep an eye on it, the good news is you probably don't have to haul the car into a service center.... a mobile ranger can probably do the repair at your home or job.

derichio02

Apr 6, 2019
California
Same for the M3. If its just condensation as pictured it should dry up within a day if it turns to water droplets... time to call the SC. A mobile ranger came to my home and changed mine on my model 3 in like 10 mins.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC