Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Condensation inside tail light

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to the forum and a new 2021 MYP owner. I'm a bit disappointed in seeing similar tail light condensation in the two driver-side tail lights. I have never had this happen in any other vehicle I've owned.

I guess I will have to file my first service request via the app. Wish me luck! Hopefully, they'll come and do it via mobile service.

New to the forum and a new 2021 MYP owner. I'm a bit disappointed in seeing similar tail light condensation in the two driver-side tail lights. I have never had this happen in any other vehicle I've owned.

I guess I will have to file my first service request via the app. Wish me luck! Hopefully, they'll come and do it via mobile service.
My 2021 M3 was left out in the rain last Thursday and I noticed major condensation in the taillight, which is still there today, Monday. Shouldn't be happening on any car much less a new car. I hoped it was a fluke, but based on my search and this thread, it's not? I set up a home service appointment for a week from today. I set up an appointment on the app and they are coming to me a week from today.

Tesla mobile service replaced the taillight for me in February for the condensation issue. Unfortunately, the issue occurred again after a recent storm in Oct. When Tesla mobile came out this time, they would NOT replace the taillight, and noted in the invoice ‘provide customer education‘. The only education provided, was yeah this issue occurs, but the tech mentioned this issue may be resolved with newer taillight part with better seal and I should try setting up a new service appointment. We’ll see what happens now. Two other services were performed, reseal front upper control arm ball joints and replace clips in the interior trim.