Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Condensation inside tail light

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I know, it’s normal. But what’s not is dirt and condensation. I’m waiting for Tesla to give me an answer on if they can replace it under warranty. I don’t mind condensation that will evaporate but the dirt inside the tail light is unacceptable.

anyone else have this problem yet?

I know I know, it’s normal. But what’s not is dirt and condensation. I’m waiting for Tesla to give me an answer on if they can replace it under warranty. I don’t mind condensation that will evaporate but the dirt inside the tail light is unacceptable.

anyone else have this problem yet?

Well that's unfortunate, do you have a picture? Hopefully this is a somewhat isolated problem and won't be as common as the regular condensation problem

I had a pic but the condensation is gonna and now I’m left with dirt and residue which I’m unhappy about. I know I’m being picky but this is a brand new car. I’ll see what Tesla has to say

Curious to see how it looks now with the dirt and stuff inside still. Honestly should be perfectly clear and clean inside at all times, otherwise its a defect.

No more condensation, just dirt... unacceptable for my new car standard. I don’t care what’s “normal” for Tesla

Attachments

• FAA2639F-A5D4-49CC-B01C-065773B76E7B.jpeg
    FAA2639F-A5D4-49CC-B01C-065773B76E7B.jpeg
    236.3 KB · Views: 195
I also had condensation, made an appointment to replace it and I was told it was normal, after some back and forth I got it replaced under warranty
View attachment 537036

What did you have to tell them to replace it. I scheduled through my mobile app phone so I don’t know if it’s covered or not but they deleted a week to order parts but that can be for the interior coat hanger that also failed

What did you have to tell them to replace it. I scheduled through my mobile app phone so I don’t know if it’s covered or not but they deleted a week to order parts but that can be for the interior coat hanger that also failed

After they said it was normal I pretty much told them it was not acceptable and wether they deemed that normal or not it needed to be replaced...if that was normal then how come only 1 out of the 4 showed condensation?
After that they replaced it

After they said it was normal I pretty much told them it was not acceptable and wether they deemed that normal or not it needed to be replaced...if that was normal then how come only 1 out of the 4 showed condensation?
After that they replaced it

Right. I’ll say that. Plus my leak is pretty substantial. When I’m washing my car I can continuously see water running inside and looking on the bottom plus there is dirt inside so the seals are terrible.

I’m confident that they will replace it, but thanks for your input

Reactions: Matutino