Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Condenser Fan Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

supersnoop

Tesla Roadster #334
Mar 24, 2014
Pflugerville
My 1.5 went in with a coolant error, which seemed to be an "overcharged" issue following her annual service. Since the car is under warranty, the Service Center decided to upgrade the fan shroud and a number of additional parts. I'm not sure what all change, but I have to ask; is this normal (see photo)? I've got two hoses draped across the front grill.

image.jpeg

This HVAC coolant overcharge issue is interesting. I know at least two people here (me and another local) that have had it and the UK service centre blamed their re-gassing machine. They said they have replaced it with another one and then re-gassed my car for free. I haven't seen the fault again, but the pressures I saw after the procedure were still on the high side and the ambient temps have reverted back to around 15°C rather than 30°C so that would almost certainly help.

However, seeing these other reports from across the Pond, does Tesla have a spate of bad re-gassing machines ?!?