Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Condo 6-50R Charging - Help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The door does sometimes closes by itself when the charger is still inserted. I would need to unlock the port again to pull out the charger.

I booked a mobile service appt for a tech to assist and hopefully give me a new charger.. the downside is that the earliest appointment is 2 weeks out ..

They might call you at anytime and say they have someone in the area if your available.

The error message, the door opening and closing, the latch clicking, the weird charging status, the pin put on alignment. Pretty much exactly what happened to me.

I think you may just need to push it in harder. When it makes that repeated clicking noise the handle has not been fully seated into the charge port. If that happens the charger will lower the amperage to 16 as a precaution.

His pin is out of alignment on the cable. Exactly where and how mine was. Mobile service confirmed it was defective and was better that I didn’t try to force it.

• Informative
Reactions: CO_MY
20200723_100009.jpg
20200723_100009.jpg
This is what it should look like. There's definitely a bad batch of UMCs.