Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Condo charging options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you install these in a common area versus each parking spot like their website suggests? Seems like you might have given your comment that 4 EVs are using 2 chargers. I ask because our condo in Bonita would most likely not support installing them in the resident specific parking but rather in a more common parking area. I know ChargePoint is an option but wanted to see if there were other options.

www.energypartnernetwork.com contact them

How much was the cost per unit?? And to they charge for usage per person( profile) or is it just taking comunal electricity?
The only installation cost was to run the 220V power line to the spaces designated by the HOA (the HOA paid that cost, which was substantial because they choose spaces that were far away from the power source). The individual EV owners pay $15/mo. to Evercharge plus the cost of the electricity we use, which is metered at the same cost as the HOA pays (9 cents per kWh in our case). The cost of the charges is covered by the monthly fee. Right now, we have 10 EVs using the two chargers and it is getting crowded on the weekends!

Any updates on folks having better luck with installing a home L2 charger in a Condo Building shared multi-level parking garage? Sounds like Evercharge can help but at what endless monthly cost?
Don't know why nobody ever chimed in, but we are getting EverCharge installed and they assured us the $15 monthly fee only applies on months you actually used it.

Reactions: KJD
The price per KWh is set at the cost paid by the condo bldg. in our instance (in So. Fla), it was $0.093/KWh - very cheap! We paid Evercharge based on our usage & they reimbursed the bldg HOA for the electricity used.
Thanks for the response.

For the record, my condo is installing EverCharge from a county electric utility grant. After the process is complete, the actual title of the chargers themselves will be converted to the owners who technically own each parking space, thus it becomes their property.
I do not anticipate any HOA surcharge so should be paying the same as my standard utility bill (unless the provider can/will permit an EV discount for those specific KWh).