Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cone Vision as Autocross Aid?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting used to my new Performance Model 3, I have noticed that it has an amazing dynamic display of its surroundings, derived from radar and cameras, that improves with every update. Version 20.20.12 nicely sees and displays traffic cones, suggesting an application in autocross. There is probably too much delay for it to help during a given run, but the software has a complete history of your trajectory relative to the cones, thus could help you to learn and do better on subsequent runs. Kind of like an old Geez-Cube with a map of the course boundaries built in. Are there any apps existing or in development, perhaps that work with track mode, to do that? Perhaps it could also run on a cell phone to learn the track while you walk it.

No... LOL imaging walking the track with your phone and then uploading that to the car and having it drive for you. LOL. SCCA will kick you out so fast.

The cone pictures are nice but they don't seem super accurate in terms of exact placement.

Also the car doesn't keep track of the cones, signs, lights, cars, people, and water puddles it sees once it has past them.

• Funny
Reactions: wenkan
No... LOL imaging walking the track with your phone and then uploading that to the car and having it drive for you. LOL. SCCA will kick you out so fast.

The cone pictures are nice but they don't seem super accurate in terms of exact placement.

Also the car doesn't keep track of the cones, signs, lights, cars, people, and water puddles it sees once it has past them.

I did not propose the car driving itself, just showing you afterwards how you might do better. Your other issues can be solved with more development, but there is probably a small market, so unlikely to happen.

Reactions: wenkan
I don't see it being helpful and I am pretty sure it's not even looking for cones while in Track Mode as the display is different. HOWEVER with the 18hz GPS I would LOVE to see an analysis tool like SoloStorm come to the screen but it will never happen.