Just after my car updated to Firmware 5.8.8 my auto-tilt mirrors quit auto-tilting. I tried reprogramming them. I called service, they connected me with engineering, we did trouble shooting, I tried resetting the center display and multiple efforts to reprogram my custom settings all to no avail. Finally it was determined that my mirror motors had failed and would need to be replaced. This was all about 2 months ago, but I didn't want a ranger to drive 3 1/2 hours and haul my car to St.Louis and back for another 3 1/2 hour drive for such a minor issue...I'm trying to reduce fossil fuel usage after all, and 450 miles of pickup truck driving for that isn't consistent with the big picture if not really necessary. In the ensuing 2 months my dash developed a new annoying rattle from some loose trim pieces. And then, at about the same time, the "fix" for the battery protection came out. So I decided that if I could kill 3 birds with one stone I'd call service back to get the car... Fast forward to this morning, Firmware 5.9 finally uploaded and was ready to install. I installed this morning while in a meeting at the hospital. On the way from the hospital to my desk job where I was meeting the Tesla Ranger to get my car, I was fiddling with the Settings screens to see what was new and improved. Lo and behold, I'm perusing the settings and what do I see but a toggle titled "auto tilt"....you got it, set to the "OFF" position.... Oh crap...switched to on...tested by putting the car into reverse at the next stop light...and sure enough, the mirrors auto tilt just like they're supposed to. On arriving at my office I abashedly admitted my findings to the Ranger...fortunately I still had the rattle and underbody protection that needed to be done, so it wasn't a wasted trip, but I felt pretty foolish. I'm also shocked that the service center and engineering didn't think to have me check that. I'd totally forgotten it was even an option to turn off auto-tilt and it never occured to me to look into turning it back on. I can only assume that, for some reason, when 5.8.8 installed it switched me from "ON" to "OFF" and since I hadn't looked at that toggle for over a year it didn't occur to me to look to set it back. So, hopefully I can prevent someone else from looking as foolish as I felt when I made that 'discovery' today.