TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Confessions of a Model X driver

Discussion in 'Model X' started by danbucks, Sep 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

No idea why they left that out. My Model S had it in a similar (not same of course) view.

2. outie

outie Active Member

Let's say after a year of owning the car I have actually (started to) overcome this issue. If they are changing it around it will take me another year to get used to.

• Funny x 2
  3. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

UI experts say, though, that learned unintuitive designs are still ones that will trip people when they distracted, tired, etc.

Probably better to fix and unlearn this... :)

• Like x 1
  4. jackbowers

jackbowers Jack Bowers

P100D? And does it get to 157 in less than a mile? Curious because I plan to enter Nevada's Silver State Classic Challenge one more time, and could sign up for the one-mile shootout. They give you a radar-verified speed reading at the one mile point.

• Like x 1
  5. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

nope a 7 passenger P90D non ludicrous! :D drop suspension to low/very low and pin it! lol

in the quarter mile you will be doing like 117mph or so and the top speed comes in about the next 1/4-1/2 mile so you will easily be able to hit 155+ in a mile...be interesting to see how long it takes to get to 155mph!

please report your findings back. :)

6. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I really wish that when you put it into Launch Mode, it would automatically lower the suspension to at least "low" (to maximize acceleration and avoid suspension rumble). I keep forgetting and have to show my passengers a 2nd time with the correct suspension setting.

7. Peteybabes

omg yes, my cars rattles are coming back now after only a month or two with the new axles

8. zackmilo

zackmilo Matching X+3

Don't have to worry. All my settings are lower now thanks to unplugged performance. Slammed that sucker! But, I only have a 90D so no launch mode for me :(

9. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Fresh Prince

What road did you do this on? And, did your witnesses get pee on the seats?

10. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Fresh Prince

Tell your daughter you are black belt in Ka-razy

• Funny x 1
  11. outie

outie Active Member

I didn’t pee on the seats going 500mph+ on an airplane. I’ve also driven on the autobahn during European delivery for a BMW cruising 150+ for miles. It felt like nothing. There was even a 911 turbo closing in at that speed and then went past me probably going at 160 or 170.

12. Peteybabes

i got a video this weekend... :D

my phone's GPS couldn't keep up, the phone was showing 1mph less than the dash display was reading all the way up to 120mph. once i got to 156mph it was having trouble keeping up and it showed 152mph.

the video is very low quality with not the best audio and a time stamp from 2014, lol!

13. Peteybabes

seriously!!?

gotta see that. always wondered about the unplugged performance lowering kit, but worried about ride quality.

• Like x 1
  14. zackmilo

zackmilo Matching X+3

Seriously, I did it on Friday. They took me in same day and did it in 40 minutes. It is amazing. I feel it actually rides better than before. Pardon mud on wheels. My driveway has to be repaved. AEDFB900-494C-45C9-B0F0-F32E33CCF1CB.JPG

15. Peteybabes

i guess my question would be if the ride comfort would improve with 22" wheels...

16. Mrcook4590

Mrcook4590 Member

Another confession: One day while driving my X, my husband noted that the noise of the turn signal was quite loud versus his S and asked if I noticed it. I hadn't even heard it before and said so. When I drove it again, I realized why I never heard it. I have the radio at 6-7, and he has it at 3-4. :p:oops::D

17. X P100DL

X P100DL New Member

I just dropped our P100DL model X off for repairs. Our new front axles lasted less than 2000 miles. Rattle on acceleration is back.
    I don’t remember replacing a single axle during my 14 years as a Mercedes technician. SAD.

18. Peteybabes

Mercedes never had to deliver torque through the axles the same way either...

they replaced mine and also told me that launching or accelerating in standard height mode that i would feel the rattle because the axles weren't nicely lined up like in low or very low mode.