Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confessions of a Tesla Fanboy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is one minor factual error. He says you can "control everything from the firmness of the suspension" but only the height can be changed not the firmness. I know, it's minor but I hate when "journalists" make factual mistakes.
He may have written "...firmness of the steering, height of the suspension, ...." and some copy editor scratched the middle 6 words. He's an owner; he ought to know better!

Given how biased most media is against change, and especially the change that EVs represent, take it as a win and move on. The number of times I've seen 'articles' which were basically derived from press releases still get things wrong, this article is amazingly 'together'.

I think its a great article. And I laughed but also hoped when he said the Gen 3 will have a 1,000 mile range. That would be a huge leap in technology.

Very positive. But it just annoys me when an obvious misspelling like 'regenerative breaking' gets into a media piece. Don't they have editors at the WP?

Very common misspelling that drives me NUTS.

This shows the difference between owning and reviewing.

Reviewers need something new to get their words heard above the noise. Since Model S already got great reviews, including a couple COY awards, no way another positive review will gather any attention. So, they look for things to complain about. Even if there's no external motive, the very act of reviewing is criticism, and they think their audience wants them to be critical but fair. Obviously, Tesla has had some unfair criticism.

Owners can report how well the car is working for them, and can gush about their purchase. That they overlook some flaws is natural and understandable, and I don't believe hurts their credibility. Unfortunately, this overly positive article (SF to LA in a 60kWH car with only 1 1hr stop?) can't come close to counter-balancing the overly critical articles. But, like SByer says, it's good to have.