Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Configuration Feedback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This will be my first Tesla. Would be great to get your feedback on my configuration.

One option I'm debating about is the air suspension.

Model S 100 kWh All-Wheel Drive
Exterior

Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
Glass Roof
21" Grey Turbine Wheels

Interior

Black Tesla Premium Seats
Carbon Fiber Décor
Integrated Center Console
Black Alcantara Headliner

Options

Enhanced Autopilot
Premium Upgrades Package
Smart Air Suspension

I have the air suspension, and love it. It is really useful to be able to geo-fence areas where you want the suspension higher, like steep driveways, etc.

Also you may want to rethink the all glass roof. There have been many posts here from people who have it who are having issues with wind noise. It seems Tesla may not yet have worked out all the kinks with that relatively new option.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Also, depending on where you will be driving, parking, etc., you may want to consider 19" wheels instead of the 21s. The 21s, being so low profile, are very susceptible to curb rash, and they also wear faster. Plan on spending a lot more on tires over the years if you go with 21s.

You picked the correct color :)

I skipped the air suspension. I didn't notice a difference. Lots of opinions on this one, be sure to drive both.

I did the 19" wheels for reasons mentioned.

Also felt the carbon fiber didn't have the color tone I expected in the demo, so I went with wood. It's a nice choice, be sure to see it in person if you haven't already.

Since you're getting the 100D I'm assuming range is important to you. Therefore I suggest the stock 19" slipstreams. The price savings would also allow you to get the upgraded sound system. Lastly I'd suggest the subzero package. While not critical for California, it's still nice to have during the winter.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Also you may want to rethink the all glass roof. There have been many posts here from people who have it who are having issues with wind noise. It seems Tesla may not yet have worked out all the kinks with that relatively new option.

We have the all glass roof and thankfully haven't experienced any of the issues others have been reporting with wind noise. So, thankfully, it's not every car.

(We really like the all glass roof!)