Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Configuration invite for Non-Day 1 Reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I figured that’s what the covered one was in there. Couldn’t even tell what color it was.

My invite should come in the next few weeks but not going to place the order until they get one in that we can actually look at.

They said ours was #2 they have delivered with the first going to an employee. They said they keep them covered and only let the owner into the delivery area since they don’t have one in the showroom yet.

S owner, online day 1 reservations. it's ready to configure but I'm waiting for AWD or SR..

What happens now if I put in a second reservation? Do I still get priority on my 2nd reservation if I don't configure my 1st?

Is it allowed to have two 3's that are configurable while still owning one S? I've heard only 1 priority for current owners but is that fact? Experiences from anyone?

S owner, online day 1 reservations. it's ready to configure but I'm waiting for AWD or SR..

What happens now if I put in a second reservation? Do I still get priority on my 2nd reservation if I don't configure my 1st?

Is it allowed to have two 3's that are configurable while still owning one S? I've heard only 1 priority for current owners but is that fact? Experiences from anyone?

I think you can have as many reservations as you like, but what has been said is that you will get 1 priority 3 reservation for each S or X you own, up to 2 priority 3 reservations.

So, looks like a max of 2 priority reservations if you own 2 or mor S/X vehicles. If you own 1 S and already have a ‘priority’ 3 reservation, I would guess if you make a 2nd reservation, it wouldn’t have priority (according to how they’ve described it in the 3 FAQs)

• Informative
Reactions: SemiS3XYR
To re-state the above in what I think might be more clear: If you own one Tesla (Roadster, Model S, or Model X) you get priority on one Model 3 reservation, If you own two or more Teslas you get priority on two Model 3 reservations.

I don't know if there's a limit on how many non-priority reservations you can have.

• Informative
Reactions: SemiS3XYR
Understood.

I read members on here are able to configure their 2nd reservation after their first priority. I am not sure if that means they only had one S/X?

If they are configuring their second reservation before the non-owners, I'm guessing they had two Teslas, so both their reservations were priority. And of course it's not just owners of S and X. The Roadster counts, too. I gather that a lot of us Roadster owners are getting the Model 3.

I had the opposite experience! Grr. I reserved in April also, 24 hr in (non owner), and the expected config date very stealthily went from Mid 2018 the last time I checked (a couple of weeks ago) to Early 2019 (today). Obviously this for standard build. Wtf!

I can only conclude this is a strategy to upsell me, as one could argue going long range and getting earlier delivery would likely preserve my rebate. But manipulative sales tactics only serve to make me grumpy.