Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Configuration invite for Non-Day 1 Reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went ahead and ordered a set of Lloyd’s Rubber-tite All-Weather mats for it last night, so they should be here well before the car and will give me time to ‘air’ them out before the car arrives. They are great mats - I do like the Weathertechs better, but since they aren’t available yet, I wanted something in the meantime. I used the Lloyds in my Model X until the Tesla Weathertechs were available and they worked great, other than the initial ‘smell’ (I believe someone said it was ‘out gassing’ of the new rubber material. But I left them outside on the patio for a couple weeks and then they were fine after that.) Perfect fit. So figured I would use these until the Tesla mats are available.

This is what mine showed right now at the moment.

Next steps
Your Model 3 was reserved on 3/31/2016. You'll be invited to configure based on the date of your reservation. If you have any questions, please refer to our FAQ. We invite you to submit suggestions or feedback within our forums. Engage with other future owners to share your excitement or ideas.

People who reserved after me are configuring and they aren't employees nor previous owners.

Tesla Model 3 now available beyond first-day reservation holders – check your account

I give up.

• Disagree
Reactions: Yuri_G

Next steps
Your Model 3 was reserved on 3/31/2016. You'll be invited to configure based on the date of your reservation. If you have any questions, please refer to our FAQ. We invite you to submit suggestions or feedback within our forums. Engage with other future owners to share your excitement or ideas.

People who reserved after me are configuring and they aren't employees nor previous owners.

Tesla Model 3 now available beyond first-day reservation holders – check your account

I give up.
Is there evidence that non-owners have been invited? Maybe I missed it.

Next steps

I give up.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Straight from the article you reference:

Over the past two days, Electrek has received reports of Model 3 reservation holders who reserved after the first day and they are now able to configure their vehicles.

With this said, it appears to still be limited to current Tesla owners.

• Informative
Reactions: Futuresystem

Next steps

I give up.

There is ZERO evidence that any non-employee/non-owner has been able to configure.

Maybe they intentionally give to those who check their account 10 times a day a chance to configure couple of days early compared to the other invitees from the same batch? So much happiness from the accidental configurator find! And doesn't cost them much.

LOL - I admit, it was a nice surprise, I wasn’t even logging in to check my status, so it was a pleasant surprise

Update: Just got assigned VIN 54XX. Noticed on my tesla account a few minutes ago about 8pm eastern time. The last time I checked the account was about 6pm prior to that and it still showed the reservation number at that time.

To my immense surprise, since I ordered on day two (owner in Spokane, WA) I got the invite email on January 25. Since I'm out of town, I waited until today to place my order, so as to be sure of being at home when the car is delivered. Blue, standard wheels, EAP but not AP, because I don't think AP will be available soon enough to justify paying for it now.

Note: The invite email said I should email them with questions. I emailed and asked about ordering right away, since I was out out of town. I never got a replay to that email.

I gave one more thought to waiting for all-wheel drive, which they said will be available this spring. But that would again place me behind owners who reserved on day one. If I like the car enough, and decide that I really want AWD, I'll trade up in a couple of years.

Reactions: DR61
To my immense surprise, since I ordered on day two (owner in Spokane, WA) I got the invite email on January 25. Since I'm out of town, I waited until today to place my order, so as to be sure of being at home when the car is delivered. Blue, standard wheels, EAP but not AP, because I don't think AP will be available soon enough to justify paying for it now.

Note: The invite email said I should email them with questions. I emailed and asked about ordering right away, since I was out out of town. I never got a replay to that email.

I gave one more thought to waiting for all-wheel drive, which they said will be available this spring. But that would again place me behind owners who reserved on day one. If I like the car enough, and decide that I really want AWD, I'll trade up in a couple of years.

Congrats on the order!

Let us know when you get assigned a VIN. I saw that another member who ordered Blue with Aeros just got assigned a VIN in the 54XX range also.