Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Configuration of 2 captains chairs and 6 seats is available now.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, that was quick. From only 1 second row solution offered to 2. I'm guessing these fold. Tesla appears to be moving at the speed of light. It just confirms to me that the reason why the Design Studio wasn't available until recently (and still only limited availability) is because they haven't figured out all the options and prices yet.

Million thanks scottf200

The seats in both the 3-seat and 2-seat renderings look the same, so I don't see any indication that there is any folding that will happen.

I like the 2-seat arrangement better. But not much.

What is encouraging to me is that there are still options being added!

Hopefully they'll have armrests integrated for the inboard side of those seats. Would be a bummer to have to get an optional console just so the second row passengers can be comfortable.

Also, I wonder if they'll offer some sort of refrigerator-esque center console option. I'd never option it (especially if it wasn't removable), but it seems like other automakers have.

This solves the no folding seats conundrum for me. I never had any use for 7 seats and planned to delete the third row until they removed that option, but 2+2+2 makes much more sense than 2+3 on the rare occasion you need to carry more people, plus you have a permanent gap for long cargo.

More to be pleased about. I did get a call from Tesla. Being in the first group they want a decision by tomorrow on the seat choice. Yes, they are allowing the early confirmed orders to be modified at no additional cost if the decision is made soon. The image on page one of this thread is far better than the tiny one sent by email. Tesla has indicated "proprietary and confidential" in the email, so I won't share the tiny version of what someone else posted on page one. I asked additional questions that couldn't be answered immediately, so maybe more answers will be forthcoming. No additional delay occurs with either seat choice.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was told the individual seats would operate separately and the 3 seat 2nd row bench is one piece and moves forward and backward as one unit.

I am very thankful that Tesla Motors has reached out to us and the result of not rushing the first Model X Signature vehicles into production is a blessing.

The configuration looks exactly the same except one seat missing. With no price difference, why not order the three seats and just take one out?

There should be some modifications/enhancements on the "captains chair" seats (side bolster facing inward, handrests etc.) that you would not have if you simply ripped apart the middle row. You do understand these are renderings of the interior created by Photoshopping out (in haste) the middle row.

Configuration of 2 captains chairs and 6 seats is available now.

No price difference that I can tell.

The large picture at the top does not change when you select 6 seats. We would have analyzed that to death!

Image: http://i.imgur.com/wqgICFX.png
View attachment 95392

Image: http://i.imgur.com/hItSdbk.png
View attachment 95394
The best is still to come. The 2 seater 2nd row can rotate to face out! Specially designed for family with need for child seat.:biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

If you can create a vehicle with the functionality of a minivan that doesn't look like or drive like a minivan, you have a winning formula.
With a rotating captain chair on the 2nd row.:smile:

It would be hilarious if they both swiveled around, and could fold down!

All the foaming about the non-folding second row seats would have simply wasted valuable Internets bandwidth better used for watching cat videos and such.

RT

Definitely like the 6-seat set-up. I hope the console between the front seats is removable, then that would really open up the interior.
Would you be happy if the front center console can slide back to the 2nd row middle seat position?

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, that was quick. From only 1 second row solution offered to 2. I'm guessing these fold.
Folding is still a safety challenge because of seat belt anchor point. Please wait for further development, coming in "several months". :wink:

Has anyone noticed they say ample seating for 7 with 3 adults in 2nd row or ample seating for 6 with 2 adults in second row? Is the third row no longer suitable for adults? Will it be children only like the rear facing third row in Model S? That would imply if you choose seating for 6 you would max out at 4 adults.

Has anyone noticed they say ample seating for 7 with 3 adults in 2nd row or ample seating for 6 with 2 adults in second row? Is the third row no longer suitable for adults? Will it be children only like the rear facing third row in Model S? That would imply if you choose seating for 6 you would max out at 4 adults.

I think they're implying that the 3rd row (like basically all third rows) is not going to have a ton of leg room and will be more comfortable for children. The Model S 3rd row really only able to hold kids and they have to be little kids.

I think that the 3rd row is probable capable of taking adults but that they won't have "ample room."

I'm guessing that these will not fold.
Silly me, I forgot to ask about possible folding or arm rests. Maybe someone else getting a call can ask these important questions.

I was told they would NOT swivel or turn in any manner. The two 2nd row seats will move forward and backward independently. Also, as others have mentioned in other threads, the rear seats, while foldable are NOT removable. I was specific when asking questions about no swivel and no removal. IMHO, I would assume that no seats remove.

I think they're implying that the 3rd row (like basically all third rows) is not going to have a ton of leg room and will be more comfortable for children. The Model S 3rd row really only able to hold kids and they have to be little kids. I think that the 3rd row is probable capable of taking adults but that they won't have "ample room."
I agree. The third row has always been designed for adults. IMHO, the rear seat of the six seat option should allow some extra leg room towards the center when the high school basketball team is traveling to the game or pep rally.

Last edited: