Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Configure 6 seater, but is there a reason to switch to 7 seater?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see how... They stow into cavities in the floor - which would have to occupy the same space that the battery pack is in. FCA gave up the Stow and Go to make the Pacifica Hybrid work - the Hybrid has removable captain's chairs instead (which reviewers actually say are more comfortable than the stow and go versions in the rest of the line.)

The Odyssey was a so much better vehicle than the Caravan. But it wears on you to constantly remove the seats and put them in garage. Back and forth, back and forth. Just folding them up in the Caravan is just so awesome. It'd be worth it if the X can do it but give up some height. It's like what the five seater does anyway right?

People have all their reasons to justify their decisions on 6 seaters. I have stopped making comments on these threads as people making 100k purchases can't decide what they want that best fit their OWN needs.

You would think...

but there is always someone thinking they can outsmart everyone else. They only better understand "their needs" when their decisions are validated/disproven by other people.

Someone has massive buyers remorse and doubling down on justifying their incorrect decision. ;)

You are way underplaying the 6-seat benefits. If you could REALLY seat 7 people, more people would go for that option.

And I don't have a wife with a MB. And I don't want to rent a home depot truck or uhaul just to haul some skis, baseball bats, trips to IKEA, etc.

My opinion, as I'm sure you have your own, wasn't directed explicitly at you, it was to the OP asking 6 vs 7 seaters. I'm not sure why you took my list so personally. Just list what pros and cons you see from YOUR point of view and move along.

Since you value my opinion so much, here is one for you:
  • Get normal size baseball bats
  • Start shopping at better furniture stores
  • When going skiing, bring with just a pair of skis, not a truck load
  • Get a wife with a decent car/truck
;)

• Funny
Reactions: MXWing
My opinion, as I'm sure you have your own, wasn't directed explicitly at you, it was to the OP asking 6 vs 7 seaters. I'm not sure why you took my list so personally. Just list what pros and cons you see from YOUR point of view and move along.

Since you value my opinion so much, here is one for you:
  • Get normal size baseball bats
  • Start shopping at better furniture stores
  • When going skiing, bring with just a pair of skis, not a truck load
  • Get a wife with a decent car/truck
;)

Cheap furniture. That's how we save to keep up with Elons Apple Tesla upgrade program. New car every 18 months due to technical obsolescence.

Last edited:
My reason for choosing the 7 seater was simple. Rear facing car seat. It doesn't sound like that reason is applicable to the OP, but our son is not quite two and we have him rear facing in the middle seat in the second row. Both front seats can slide back and recline easily compared to having a rear facing car seat in one of the outer second row seats. Although we will turn the car seat to front facing soon, baby #2 is on the way and will occupy the middle seat for 2 years after he/she is born.

We use the third row to bring our dogs with us when traveling to the in-laws. I've had adults in the third row a few times, but only for short trips. It was nice being able to take my wife's entire immediate family to dinner in one car (us, our son, her parents, her sister and our brother-in-law).

People have all their reasons to justify their decisions on 6 seaters. I have stopped making comments on these threads as people making 100k purchases can't decide what they want that best fit their OWN needs.
I'm not sure why you made this post either, though.

I don't share my reasons to convince anyone, I do it in the hopes that it helps the OP make their decision with all ideas on the table. For me to reach my decision it took a fair amount of considering all of the possibilities and reading threads like this before I was confident that I knew which configuration would work best for my needs - and that's why I pay it forward for others asking the question.

People do need to make their own decision based on their own needs, but insofar as my needs match theirs, then my reasons will contribute to that decision.

Only if Tesla made the middle chair foldable or at least leaning forward more. Tesla always does things half-way.

I don't think this is the case. They are constantly improving and innovating, and they have a foldable 5 seat option now that was added not too long ago. Perhaps the fully foldable 6 and 7 configurations are coming soon. Contact them and ask about it if you're interested.

To
I don't think this is the case. They are constantly improving and innovating, and they have a foldable 5 seat option now that was added not too long ago. Perhaps the fully foldable 6 and 7 configurations are coming soon. Contact them and ask about it if you're interested.[/QUOTE0
If that option was there I would choose it for sure. But it is too late, I already put an order on 6 seater and I paid $500 fee.