TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Configure your Model 3 poll

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by BriansTesla, Nov 9, 2015.

Tags:
?

What options do you want on your Model 3?

1. Base Model with no options $35,000

47.8%
  2. Battery Pack-260 Miles: $6,500

79.6%
  3. Dual Motor: $3,500

68.8%
  4. Unlimited supercharging: $1,000

85.4%
  5. Performance package: $8,500

30.6%
  6. Air Suspension: $1,200

31.2%
  7. Paint options: $750

43.3%
  8. Leather interior: $1,000

45.2%
  9. Sunroof: $900

52.2%
  10. Tech Package: $1000

80.9%
  11. Autopilot: $1,500

86.6%
  12. Sound System: $1,000

33.8%
  13. Subzero Package: $800

46.5%
  14. Cooled Seats: $500

41.4%
  15. TBA special sauce: $2,000

22.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. hobbes

hobbes Active Member

Good idea. I actually picked quite the mainstream features: large battery, unlimited supercharging, tech, dual motor, autopilot.

I misunderstood the instructions though - thought the quote below meant to "select only that button (and no others) if you want no options" - instead it obviously means "select this button if, and only if, you are getting no options". Was thinking you need a base car to put all the options on ;). I am afraid if others made the same mistake, we won´t know now many people want not options.

2. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Not posting at TMC after 9/17/2018

I thought the rear seat heaters would help reduce the need for using the car's ventilated heating during driving. That would be my primary motivation for the feature if I was buying a Model S. The wiper and washer defrosters are nice convenience.

3. BriansTesla

BriansTesla Old school meets new tech

That's OK. I just assumed everyone checked the $35,000 box and so if they checked no other options, they would would contribute just $35K to the average.

At 120 votes, the average total price is $51,000 and $58,000 at DaveT's higher pricing.

4. dlinkeg

dlinkeg Member

How about adding towing capability to Model 3 as an option? I don't expect it to tow 5K+ lbs. like has been discussed with the Model X, but towing a 1500lb trailer wouid be a nice addition (as long as it doesn't cause more than a 20% range loss).

5. doubeld

doubeld Member

If anything, possibly just an accessory tow hitch, like in the X - but we may need to wait until the Model Y. (It would take 1.25" receivers for bike/ski racks, etc.)

I bought a ski rack for my ICE, but I rarely use it as I prefer the fold-down seats due to the increased wind noise and fuel consumption with the ski rack. (And having to put it on/take it off regularly)

6. Juanmax

Juanmax Member

Have you driven an EV with heated steering wheel in sub-zero conditions? You want that option checked! 50W power draw and it makes you feel much warmer

7. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Cool, autopilot is tied for the top option with unlimited supercharging :) :) :)

8. RubenZoe

RubenZoe Member

Autopilot and unlimited Supercharging would be my two primary options in the Model 3

9. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Sorry. Deduct 1 from "Base with no options". :p

+ Subzero (see location!)
    + Supercharging (I think it'll be more than $1k)
    + Tech (Gift to self #1)
    + Autopilot (Gift to self #2)

That'll do for me as long as the base model doesn't have a "200 mile" shrunken battery. But if that's the case, I'd be priced out anyway...

- - - Updated - - -

I drive with windows open to improve efficiency, so while commuting I'd be OK, but then there's all the driving with my wife.

10. doubeld

doubeld Member

Was that sarcastic? I think you're far more efficient driving with the windows closed.

I agree with Juanmax. I would kill for a heated steering wheel. I'd also take heated seats before I'd take forced air heating. Hell, if it came with heated seats and a heated steering wheel, I'd take a $2000 discount to not have a heated cabin :)

11. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado high altitude member

YES! I rarely use anything other than the heated steering wheel; it makes a huge difference in comfort in below freezing weather.