TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Configured 4/13 waiting on VIN (RED+PUP+LR+19+AP)

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by JeanKam, May 2, 2018.

1. JeanKam

JeanKam Member

Looks like something strange with RED since April second week no VIN's have assigned, anyone in similar situation..?

2. gearchruncher

gearchruncher Member

They are just starting to assign VINs for orders placed the second week of April, and there are plenty of Reds. I placed my order April 7th and just got a VIN this weekend. There's nothing odd here. The only odd thing is that they haven't made any Sport wheel cars in a while, but they were blowing them out in the middle of April, so they are probably just balancing the much bigger backlog on Aeros.

For your exact config, all cars up to April 10th have VIN's, and none after that. They quoted 3-6 weeks, and you're two weeks in. It's hard to wait, but nothing funny is up. You should get your VIN later this week or early next.

3. North75

North75 Member

It's not so much the color as the 19" rims. Per the invites spreadsheet the last reported vin assignment on a red with 19" rims was 4/26, although you have to go back to around 4/10 to get a block on one day. There have been no VINs for sport rims assigned since 4/27 (on the spreadsheet) I get it that the Aero rims were behind, but they are starting to catch up now. Hopefully some sport rim equipped cars (Blue) will get assigned soon.

4. korinel

korinel Member

Plenty of red with 18-in/aeros being assigned now: Tesla Model 3 Invites - Latest VIN
    For a time it was all red with 19-in/sport, so I guess they're cycling production, or had a shortfall in aero supply.
    Note that a lot of deliveries are headed up to Washington State right now, possibly due to an incentive that ends on 5/31, and so non-WA people might see a slight slowdown in deliveries.

5. gearchruncher

gearchruncher Member

It was never all sports. They never dipped below 66% Aeros. It's just that the aero orders were backlogged so aeros were taking 3+ weeks to get a VIN while sports were getting VINs in under a week. But actual production was still mostly Aeros.

6. xianking

xianking Member

They didn't need to stop making Sports completely! Sheesh...

• Like x 1
  7. Vintronex

Vintronex Member

Dude.. quit complaining a bunch of people from 3/22 config still waiting on vins. I finally got mine on Monday.

8. JeanKam

JeanKam Member

who is...i have seen my friends and colleagues getting their deliveries scheduled who were invited on 4/22-4/24 the only difference was color. And dude things are almost doubled from March to MAY in production numbers so its irrelevant comparing wait times March to MAY...