TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Configuring Summon to park closer than 10 inches?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by scottlawson, May 3, 2017.

1. scottlawson

scottlawson New Member

I have been testing the autopark/summon feature on an extended test drive of a Model S 90D. I hve set the self-park/summon that will park the car in the garage to the closest tolerance and selected 8 inches clearence. However, the car stops at 10 inches, not 8 inches. This is important becase the garage door cannot safely close behind the car. I need the 2 inches!

Since this is a loaner from the dealer, I cannot use the phone app, so I am wondering if anyone knows if I can adjust this?

2. f-stop

f-stop Member

The only user-configurable settings for Summon are in-car, and as you've noticed already the min clearance you can set is 8". There's no further adjustment of that in the smartphone app. Not sure why you're getting 10" instead of 8"

I for one would like a setting that allows much closer than 8", to fit safely in my own garage. But I'm not sure if that's within the capabilities of the ultrasonic sensors, or if they arbitrarily chose 8" as the minimum.

3. jerjozwik

jerjozwik Member

im pretty sure its beyond the capabilities of the car, just 1 mph moving is 17 inches per second. and you need to have reaction time for you telling the car to stop, the transmission of the command to the car and the car to issue the command.

4. scottlawson

scottlawson New Member

Thanks. Are you both getting the exact number of inches set in the car when you use this feature?