Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Configuring Summon to park closer than 10 inches?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been testing the autopark/summon feature on an extended test drive of a Model S 90D. I hve set the self-park/summon that will park the car in the garage to the closest tolerance and selected 8 inches clearence. However, the car stops at 10 inches, not 8 inches. This is important becase the garage door cannot safely close behind the car. I need the 2 inches!

Since this is a loaner from the dealer, I cannot use the phone app, so I am wondering if anyone knows if I can adjust this?

The only user-configurable settings for Summon are in-car, and as you've noticed already the min clearance you can set is 8". There's no further adjustment of that in the smartphone app. Not sure why you're getting 10" instead of 8"

I for one would like a setting that allows much closer than 8", to fit safely in my own garage. But I'm not sure if that's within the capabilities of the ultrasonic sensors, or if they arbitrarily chose 8" as the minimum.