Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirm Performance Stealth (non-PUP) $5,000 refund

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really? I came from a Ford Explorer Sport (5.5) and I was thoroughly impressed with the acceleration. In fact, still am. I guess you get used to it, but it still puts a smile on my face (and my kids) when I gun it. I’d pay for more acceleration. :)

I’d totally pay more for more acceleration as well :). When I tested a P100D on ludicrous mode I genuinely laughed. The P3D makes me smirk, and I do enjoy it. Generally, I have a tough time feeling joy/happiness, so maybe take my opinion lightly. I do enjoy passengers (except my wife) reactions though.

Don't sweat it. No matter what you got, you would feel "meh" by the power. Honestly, when I first got my P3D_Stealth I was slightly disappointed with the acceleration. I even borrowed a draggy, and did a 1/4 strip to verify. You eventually get used to everything.

Really? I haven't got use to mine and I come from a long line of high horsepower performance cars. Maybe be you are not driving it hard enough :p.

Got my email confirmation for the refund check being issued in 8 weeks.

FYI - I asked about 6 months supercharging, which is (and has been) what everyone is getting now with referrals... And they said I won't revert over to that... But I'll still get roughly 2 months while I wait for the check plus most if the time (outside of the month in repairs) since I took delivery at end of Q3.

Last edited:
Really? I haven't got use to mine and I come from a long line of high horsepower performance cars. Maybe be you are not driving it hard enough :p.
It’s also possible I need medicat

My pedal only goes so far :). Maybe if I had more than straight boring midwestern roads... and likely medication.

New m3 lr awd owner here .. so you guys got the performance model without the premium interior? I'm so confused. If so were you the guys with reservations? For 5k difference I would have gotten the performance model, 10k was too much...I just took delivery if I should have went with the P I'm gonna be super pissed as there are no Superchargers near me anyway

New m3 lr awd owner here .. so you guys got the performance model without the premium interior? I'm so confused. If so were you the guys with reservations? For 5k difference I would have gotten the performance model, 10k was too much...I just took delivery if I should have went with the P I'm gonna be super pissed as there are no Superchargers near me anyway

This was for people that purchased their vehicles prior to the free/mandatory inclusion of the Performance Upgrade Package. The “package” consists of the upgraded brakes/wheels/spoiler/pedal covers. All the vehicles have the premium interior.

Current orders reflect the $5k price drop already, so no one is able to get the current variant for $5k cheaper (it would have been 10k over your AWD). Essentially, myself and others, paid the current price for the Performance model, but we didn’t get any of the Performance Upgrade Package (ie we have a software unlocked AWD model w/aero wheels).

This was for people that purchased their vehicles prior to the free/mandatory inclusion of the Performance Upgrade Package. The “package” consists of the upgraded brakes/wheels/spoiler/pedal covers. All the vehicles have the premium interior.

Thank you for taking the time to provide a respectful and clear explanation. I wish more would be as helpful. It's crazy how many options have changed in this car in such little time. I was an original reservation holder who cancelled which I'm glad because I got the white interior on the non performance. I wish they still offered the option for performance without the wheels & brakes I would have sprung for that I think...I just couldn't justify the 10k difference

Thanks and happy New Year!!

Reactions: Jason_G
Thank you for taking the time to provide a respectful and clear explanation. I wish more would be as helpful. It's crazy how many options have changed in this car in such little time. I was an original reservation holder who cancelled which I'm glad because I got the white interior on the non performance. I wish they still offered the option for performance without the wheels & brakes I would have sprung for that I think...I just couldn't justify the 10k difference

Thanks and happy New Year!!
No problem, there are so many different options I may have typed it wrong too ;). Don't sweat not getting the Performance, the AWD is still plenty fast, and at hwy speeds or lower states of charge I bet they are roughly the same. Not to mention, it's suspected the only difference between my car and yours is a software locking, so I suspect your configuration will have better reliability.

Reactions: MrMannilow
I just put my request in. The piece of mind of free super charging was hard to let go. I think if it was transferable I would have kept it.

It is a nice thing for sure when you think about it, but you would need to use it almost exclusively to make it ever worth the amount they are giving you in the refund. Better to just take the money and pay the small amounts if you ever use it as you do. I have still never used a supercharger personally in over 2 years of Tesla ownership! My wife has used one about 3 times. If you put that $5000 in a savings account just for a year, you might earn "Free supercharging for life" just on one year's worth of interest, even at 2.X% for the amount of supercharging costs a normal person may use.

That being said, some people do use a lot of supercharging though, due to their personal logistics, so it can be very valuable to some people.