Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirm PUP $5000 refund thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another data point.
- Requested via phone late November
- Received e-mail to confirm address early December
- Received response to inquiry since I never got confirmation they received my address, was told it was processed December 12th
- Today (12/24/2018) received check
- Woohoo

I really wish I could see how much money Tesla exchanged for Unlimited Supercharging . I would like to see how the books look after a year or two.

If Tesla had actually accounted for the FUSC as a $5K liability on their books, then refunding people $5K doesn't change the overall company liabilities on the balance sheet. It just moves the liability from one G/L account to another.

On the other hand, the FUSC liability was probably amortized over several years, whereas the $5K refund becomes Accounts Payable all at once. This affects expenses for the current year.

Depends on the owners... I, for example, don't take long road trips very often and I charge at home. So, for me, I'd be spending maybe $60 every few years on supercharging.

I don't travel long distance either, however I do a TON of local driving/EAP'ing….to the tune of 1K miles a week so far. Anywhoooo..

You and others are in a good position then. You get to trade something back to Tesla that you didn't even buy.

I wish it had something to do with PUP.

For those who want/need FUSC.....the PUP price decrease was just an insult.