Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirm raven by VIN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VINs near the switch-over could be either; there is not hard cut-off VIN for any of these things (e.g., raven, refresh, HW3, AP2, etc) because VINs are not assigned in assembly line order. I can tell you that my VIN 3312xx has Raven tech, and not a super early one (it was delivered in the midwest in mid-June) so maybe that data point will help you. When you look at the car you can check the naming and the suspension setting to confirm Raven tech.

• Helpful
Reactions: Eugene Ash
P.S. Date of manufacture would tell you more about what a car has than VIN. Although since VIN is apparently more accessible, it would be nice to have a general range of the black/gray/white zone (if before X, does not have Y, and if after Z should have Y) but I assume this would need to be crowd-sourced information, and would therefore have errors.

This may help, but others will need to chime in & confirm.

I think Raven cars have a rated range of 370 miles; whereas the older ones had 335 miles. (Assuming you are getting a 100D). If so, ask the sales rep, to take pix of the dash that shows both the percentage & the miles. Extrapolating those numbers will point you if you are getting a Raven or not.

IMHO, the VIN does not necessarily show you if its Raven or not, especially if the build date was around the April to June timeline.

Good luck.

Reactions: brkaus
This may help, but others will need to chime in & confirm.

I think Raven cars have a rated range of 370 miles; whereas the older ones had 335 miles. (Assuming you are getting a 100D). If so, ask the sales rep, to take pix of the dash that shows both the percentage & the miles. Extrapolating those numbers will point you if you are getting a Raven or not.

IMHO, the VIN does not necessarily show you if its Raven or not, especially if the build date was around the April to June timeline.

Good luck.
Thanks, I was told it was a late May build, so will be a Raven, but this is all I have with regards to the car.

Attachments

• 442E63F7-E413-4454-A6BF-C59B3A6A343B.jpeg
    442E63F7-E413-4454-A6BF-C59B3A6A343B.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 375
Thanks, I was told it was a late May build, so will be a Raven, but this is all I have with regards to the car.

IDK ... It shows the rated miles as 365!!! For a performance. If so, that is awesome. It was my understanding, that P cars had a 345 mile range. Non P raven cars range was 370 miles. And all Raven cars had a 100kwh battery. So ... IDK.

Somebody else can shed more light on this.

Reactions: AdamHut