Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirmation without RN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious, but some people here talk about an "RN number" (whether it means anything or not) which they received when their deposit on the Tesla ≡ was received. I received an email about six hours as I made my online reservation, with a PDF attachment letter confirming the amount of my deposit, name and email address, but no date and time confirmation, and no RN number.

Does this mean anything? How can I learn more about my "place in the queue?"

Thanks!

Michael

Could it be that there are more digits--maybe MANY more digits--in the (RN) Reservation Number than what we've been allowed to view; digits that aren't printed for us; digits that reveal more things--such as when & exactly where the reservation was made? That's the conclusion I reach when trying to figure out the meaning behind the RN.

Could it be that there are more digits--maybe MANY more digits--in the (RN) Reservation Number than what we've been allowed to view; digits that aren't printed for us; digits that reveal more things--such as when & exactly where the reservation was made? That's the conclusion I reach when trying to figure out the meaning behind the RN.

Nope it really doesn't have to either....

Imagine a MODEL3 CUSTOMER DEPOSIT FORM on a in store computer or iPad screen.

When that form gets filled out will all info is submitted that form data (along with the time/date store# emp# and other stuff) is received at tesla backend server at that time a UNIQUE but otherwise RANDOM number is checked out from another tesla server whose sole job it is to give out these UNIQUE RANDOM NUMBERS.

Now your FNAME LNAME CITY ST ZIP PAYMENT INFO STORE INFO TIME DATE ETC along with that UNIQUE RANDOM number is now saved as a single Tesla customer record.

Now you have a system where the RN is exactly that 'just a random number'.

• Informative
Reactions: mistermonty705
The only part of the RN where there might be a pattern is the first three digits. 107 or 108 is quite common in US (although I believe others, like in Australia have 100).

In the Model S/X there used to be a separate RSN (Reservation Sequence Number) that told you what position you were in the line, but supposedly Tesla will no longer assign such a number for Model 3.