TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Confirmation - you can add accessory or towing package after delivery

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Firewired, Jan 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jays200

Jays200 Member

I live in Perth, Western Australia and purchased my 2" hitch/receiver from the States, via a Tesla service centre, and had family pick it up and post it out for another US$75. From memory, US$112 sounds familiar.

2. joekitch

joekitch Member

that's promising but, what information did you need to give them for them to permit you to buy it? like vin number, registration, etc
    and do you know if they verified any of it to you personally? or was it just information to check a box somewhere on their forms

3. Jays200

Jays200 Member

It was pre delivery but they required my VIN and provided an invoice. They realised I was in Australia because of my email.

I suggested if that wasn't going to work I could provide a NA vehicle VIN and I was buying it as a gift ;)

I also purchased the US $19 carry case.

4. Misterbee

Misterbee Member

Any updates on this?

5. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

There’s a lot of info and pages..what kind of updates are you looking for?

As an answer to the original. Accessory can be upgraded to a full tow package.

6. Nuclear Fusion

Nuclear Fusion Active Member

7. Triumphz28

Triumphz28 Member

Can someone provide a summary of this lengthy thread and confirm what we have and don't have on our Model X to either allow us or prevent us from using the accessory hitch for towing or using a bike rack/Ski rack?

Much appreciated.
    Thanks

8. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

If you have a factory hitch then you have a factory hitch. There’s no difference between accessory or tow in terms of hardware.

What you won’t have is the software; which costs roughly $750 to purchase and activate. This will give you towing software that will include sway control, auto leveling, etc that will prevent damage when towing.

• Informative x 1
  9. lpascalon

lpascalon New Member

Hello there,

is someone in Europe (and ideally in France) can retrofit this on an 2017 inventory X ?
    It tried and no solution by now.