Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirmed 150kW FL Superchargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
132kW at Alafaya/Waterford Lakes.

The SC info on the maps shows which ones are 150kW, right? Is that info not reliable?

View attachment 407296
weird....yours shows 132kw at 386 miles an hour yet I only got 116kw but 406 miles an hour...
Screenshot_20190618-033110_Video Player.jpg

weird....yours shows 132kw at 386 miles an hour yet I only got 116kw but 406 miles an hour...
Thus illustrating why the mph value is worthless when discussing fast charging rates with others. The cars have different driving efficiencies. Since the Model 3 is more efficient in power usage, it will show higher mph values even when actually getting lower power. Stick to the kW value when discussing fast charging, it's the only straight apples to apples comparison.

Thus illustrating why the mph value is worthless when discussing fast charging rates with others. The cars have different driving efficiencies. Since the Model 3 is more efficient in power usage, it will show higher mph values even when actually getting lower power. Stick to the kW value when discussing fast charging, it's the only straight apples to apples comparison.
Good point. However, we still need to know what the car's state of charge was to make intelligent comparisons even when quoting kW rates.

Larry

Good point. However, we still need to know what the car's state of charge was to make intelligent comparisons even when quoting kW rates.

Larry
so for me, it looks like the best my 2015 70 MS is gonna get is 116kw @ 406mph as I went ahead last nite an rolled up to the SC with 1% soc with 2 miles remaining to see what kw I'd get at most charging needed... I'm fine w it, its def less efficient of a battery than a new 3 as others have stated already but it's good nuff 4 me...
20190620_022134.jpg

Reactions: Seven7
The best I've seen on my AP1 late 2016 Model X P100D is 137kW. And that lasted about 20-30secs. I might have been above 120kW for maybe 5-8mins. I've showed up twice with 0 miles to go to test it and that was the peak levels for the entire charging period. I'll take it but it certainly seems far from the 150kW advertised rate, especially with the abbreviated time above 120kW.

The best I've seen on my AP1 late 2016 Model X P100D is 137kW. And that lasted about 20-30secs. I might have been above 120kW for maybe 5-8mins. I've showed up twice with 0 miles to go to test it and that was the peak levels for the entire charging period. I'll take it but it certainly seems far from the 150kW advertised rate, especially with the abbreviated time above 120kW.
Here's a blog post from ABetterRoutePlanner.com showing aggregated charging curves of users that share their charging data. It's broken down by various batteries, and the curves for your model's battery bear out your experience: Faster Tesla Supercharging - How does it actually perform?