Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirmed... Model 3 will have ludicrous mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon Musk on Twitter

upload_2016-4-30_14-3-0-png.174711

Last edited by a moderator:
It is clear to me that the Model 3 options will be very similar to the S. I expect there to be the following:

All Wheel Drive, Performance All Wheel Drive, Ludicrous, Panoramic Roof (Sunroof) Smart Air Suspension, Leather Seats, AutoPilot, Premium Package, Subzero Weather Package, Ultra High Fidelity Sound, High Amperage Charger Upgrade, interior trim options, wheel options, paint color options.

And of course the "spaceship controls" that Elon alluded to. That will be an option, not standard, I think. But before the 3 goes into production, that new control interface will be available on the S/X. It's not going to be limited to the 3. That wouldn't make any sense.

Considering the car is lighter do you think it might have equal 0-60 time of the Model S? Or faster or slower? I am hoping faster. Part of me says it won't because they won't want to cannibalize the model s sales but it is a more cramped car so the model s will sell to those who want a larger car so maybe the model 3 can get away with being faster. Kind of like comparing a 76x BMW to a M4. The M4 is faster but the 76x is more for the larger comfort market.

Reactions: AZ Desert Driver
Or maybe in line with the pricing structure of the model 3.....options will be ~1/2 that of the S/X? Hey can't we dream....$5k ludicrous upgrade. YES PLEASE!
one can hope. I was already estimating $60-65k for mine. This would push it into territory I'm not sure I should go. But, if I don't, I might regret it later. $5k or $10k is a lot to accelerate slightly faster.

If I have to I will be getting as base model as possible with the exception of ludicrous mode and whatever it comes with.
Just in case you haven't priced it, a base Model S is $71,500 (RWD) while a P90D with Ludicrous (no other options) is $119,500. A $48k difference just to have Ludicrous!

If pricing is similar, that would put you at $83k minimum for a 3L