Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

confirmed pickup date with VIN being pushed again and again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if any of you have experienced this hell, but i am in it right now.

I got my car from existing inventory on 01/05/2022, and was able to schedule 01/11/2022 as my pick up day which they provided on the app,
but then was told on 01/09/2022 that they will deliver my car on 01/13/2022,

on 01/12/2022, they called me to reschedule because they cant deliver my car according to them there's no drivers to deliver my vehicle, so they rescheduled to 01/19/2022.

i have activated my insurance, and in fact i have changed my policy multiple times because of their retarded system, and i'm also worrying about financing expiring.

yes i am talking about a car i got from existing inventory, not estimated delivery date and from what I have read on any of the agreement. In such occasion i am not protected as a consumer and if they are pleased, they can delay my delivery for a month or a year and if i cancel, they are able to keep the $250, to be honest if they cant deliver my car after 6 months what is the point of me buying it in 2022 ?

I bought a car thats worth more than $100k, but they are treating me like piece of sht.

and of course any of you will argue, if I don't want to buy then i can just leave it to people who want to buy, i mean yes you can say that if you are not american who thinks rights should be protected.

may i ask what is law for? if it cant protect me from horrible treatment like this, what is the justice.

i am losing faith and i don't know what to do.

Last edited:
If it's anything like my business right now, we've got crew dropping out like flies and cancelling shoots all over the place. It's wild out there right now, I don't think they're trying to screw you.
but im just dont feeling very positive, with the way they handle things, i can wait for years without them deliver to me, and they dont pay anything for all this waiting i have done, which seems absurd

Insurance is easy. Once you get your quote from the company, let them know you will call them either the day of delivery or the day before to start your policy. The delivery date changing is harder to solve, because Tesla was not very reliable on delivery dates even before the driver shortages, Covid worker shortages, and other factors we have today. I understand your frustration. Hopefully you will get the car on 1/19.

Reactions: Rufusroffie
Insurance is easy. Once you get your quote from the company, let them know you will call them either the day of delivery or the day before to start your policy. The delivery date changing is harder to solve, because Tesla was not very reliable on delivery dates even before the driver shortages, Covid worker shortages, and other factors we have today. I understand your frustration. Hopefully you will get the car on 1/19.
im sharing insurance with multiple people, and i dont pay all of it, so thats what makes it harder, because taking off my vehicle would result in higher rate for other people in the policy, and i dont want to keep screwing them up just because tesla. i think i can just leave the policy as it is now, and hoping they will get me the car ASAP.. ....but thank you for the comfort, i really need to rant it out, coz i feel helpless, like i really want the car, but i absolutely hate what they are doing, and at the same time there's nothing i can do

Reactions: DerbyDave
Let me get this straight - A 14 day delay (due to driver shortages due to COVID) = "horrible treatment"?????
im fine with delay, i am not ok with giving a confirmed date and change it and then do the same thing over and over again. thats not funny, it is horrible treatment imagine your girl friend says hey lets get married 1/11, and then 1/11 she says sorry i have errand, lets do it 1/13, then 1/13, sorry lets reschedule, i pay 100k, and im being treated like a joke

but im just dont feeling very positive, with the way they handle things, i can wait for years without them deliver to me, and they dont pay anything for all this waiting i have done, which seems absurd
I know its disappointing, and a hit for you, but yes, there really is a pandemic and it has real effects. I don’t think there is anything anyone can do about it.

Reactions: Rufusroffie
Just got my VIN a few days ago, delivery date set by Tesla for June 29th 4pm, went and got financing approved, Insurance bought and was literally on the way to the registry when I got a call from Tesla Calgary saying that my VIN was no longer coming to Canada???? WTF is going on here???

I was supposed to be picking up my Model S LR in 2 days and had a trip all planned and now everything is FUBAR because my VIN was assigned to somebody else??? Absolutely terrible and unacceptable customer service, when your shelling out $138K+ for a new car.... I'm about ready to throw in the towel...

Tesla Rep tells me that the next run of model S cars made in July will be when my car will be made??? I will believe that when I see it with my own eyes, Thanks for the emotional roller-coaster Tesla... I told the Rep if I see a midnight silver model S in southern Alberta with my VIN I'm there's gonna be hell to pay!
If I wasn't already gonna make $26K off this car I would be shopping elsewhere for sure!! :mad:

Just got my VIN a few days ago, delivery date set by Tesla for June 29th 4pm, went and got financing approved, Insurance bought and was literally on the way to the registry when I got a call from Tesla Calgary saying that my VIN was no longer coming to Canada???? WTF is going on here???

I was supposed to be picking up my Model S LR in 2 days and had a trip all planned and now everything is FUBAR because my VIN was assigned to somebody else??? Absolutely terrible and unacceptable customer service, when your shelling out $138K+ for a new car.... I'm about ready to throw in the towel...

Tesla Rep tells me that the next run of model S cars made in July will be when my car will be made??? I will believe that when I see it with my own eyes, Thanks for the emotional roller-coaster Tesla... I told the Rep if I see a midnight silver model S in southern Alberta with my VIN I'm there's gonna be hell to pay!
If I wasn't already gonna make $26K off this car I would be shopping elsewhere for sure!! :mad:
Terrible. The process of order to delivery is a disaster. We just got delivery after 13.5 months of waiting. Loving the car right now but dealing with TESLA for any issues or customer service is really terrible.

• Love
Reactions: DaBean
The reassign of a VIN once you see it assigned to you is the worst. I have seen that happen before, but they ought to manage things better not to assign it to someone in error first, and then reassign to someone else. It makes you feel like someone more important than you got your car, when if fact it is likely just pure negligence.

The reassign of a VIN once you see it assigned to you is the worst. I have seen that happen before, but they ought to manage things better not to assign it to someone in error first, and then reassign to someone else. It makes you feel like someone more important than you got your car, when if fact it is likely just pure negligence.
YupI agree it sure is a royal piss off, you would think Tesla would be all over this issue, but I will wait.... patiently ..... angrily.... and hopeful as always lol I will update "when" this car actually comes into Calgary!